Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Okta is searching for a SOX Program IT Manager to join its internal audit team and assist in the successful execution of Okta’s global SOX program. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated team player capable of overseeing IT general control and application control compliance walkthroughs and testing. Reporting to the SOX Program Senior Manager, key operational responsibilities include:
- Plan, scope, oversee, and manage the SOX IT general control and application control walkthroughs and testing
- Oversee the review and documentation of service provider SOC reports
- Actively liaison with external IT audit team to assess and resolve IT audit matters
- Identify and distribute workload across the team to avoid potential roadblocks and achieve timely completion of all IT SOX deliverables.
- Collect and communicate objective and actionable information about employee performance and skills
- Work with Senior and Staff Auditors to align their performance and career goals with business and personal goals
- Actively attract, develop, motivate, and help retain talent within, and at times beyond, the IA organization
- Identify opportunities, provide recommendations, and gain stakeholder agreement on root cause of issues and appropriate corrective actions
- Develop collaborative relationships with business and IT stakeholders
- Leverage technology in order to rationalize or automate control activities
- In addition to essential SOX responsibilities, individuals in this position are also responsible for assisting the Internal Audit team in risk-based operational audits
- BA/BS degree in accounting, finance or similar discipline
- At least 7 years experience in Big Four and/or internal audit with a publicly traded company
- Knowledge of SOX, US GAAP, and SEC regulations
- Experience overseeing staff and reviewing their work product
- Demonstrated experience evaluating SOX processes and controls across business processes controls
- Knowledge of risks across business processes and technology
- Experience operating independently while collaborating with a global team
- Strong analytical skills and high standards of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong English language proficiency (verbal and written)
- You embrace and advocate the Okta culture
- CPA, CA, CIA, and/or CISA certifications
- Knowledge of the COSO framework
- Auditboard experience
The ideal candidate will work as part of a high-performance culture built around autonomy and responsibility.
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.