Position Description: The Business Systems Analyst, will primarily be responsible to serve as the key point of contact and subject matter expert in supporting, maintaining and administering Okta’s Salesforce ecosystem including integrations between ERP system, Rev Rec system and other managed packaged applications (CPQ, FinancialForce, etc.). With your technical expertise, you will build business applications and influence the design of features that improve the reliability of Okta’s applications and systems. You will also define the scope of technical projects and oversee execution.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Revenue & Finance Business stakeholders on all Finance related processes within the Salesforce ecosystem.
- Architect solutions in Salesforce CPQ to help seamlessly flow critical metrics into ERP and Rev Rec systems.
- Understanding of overall CPQ processes, experience of working with products, pricing, document generator and order management applications.
- Design solutions and processes primarily for CPQ and/or SFDC other integrated apps.
- Develop and deliver of declarative configurations in Salesforce and related Salesforce app exchange products (CPQ).
- Lead/participate in system implementation projects (requirements documentation, systems configuration, test documentation/execution, issue identification and resolution).
- Support, maintain and develop interfaces between CPQ system and related business critical systems.
- Partner with business unit executives to find opportunities for process improvement and efficiency, suggest system automation solutions to business problems or opportunities.
- Maintain/lead cloud integrations and API architecture for Quote to Cash systems.
- Perform business requirement analysis and data profiling required for the solution design with the help of Salesforce CPQ data.
- Manage Salesforce integrations with third party applications/platforms.
- Ensure data integrity within Salesforce and all downstream systems consuming the Salesforce data.
- Understand design trade-offs between declarative, code, and third party tools.
- Assist with data management and governance. Support reporting requirements and leverage Salesforce for data-driven decisions.
- Work within the framework of the Scrum standards to deliver business needs.
- Build configurations using recommend best practices while delivering scalable high-quality solutions to integrate Salesforce with downstream systems.
- Demonstrate a strong technical aptitude, and understand both business and technical language and ideas and develop and maintain the Revenue team’s roadmap – short term to 12+ months
- Responsible for driving adoption of technology and process changes.
Required Education & Experience:
- 5+ years experience with the implementation of Quote to Cash related cloud based CRM, CPQ, and/or CLM tools
- Experience integrating CPQ with CLM tools is desirable.
- BS in Information Systems, Computer Science, Other Technology related fields or foreign academic equivalent.
- Strong subject matter expertise with core SaaS principles: Quoting, Subscription Management, Billing and Revenue Recognition
- Experience with Salesforce platform and tools.
- Experience in managing projects from conception to delivery.
- Experience working on cross-functional, team projects.
- Understanding of sales and finance process, systems, and domain data; experience with order to cash (Salesforce CPQ experience preferred).
- Salesforce and Quote to Cash (CPQ) certifications, and configuration experience preferred.
- Prior experience working in a SaaS company using applications like Salesforce, NetSuite, Boomi etc. is a plus.
- Experience working with agile methodologies, systems implementation practice, management consulting firm, or fast-growing startup environment is a plus.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work