Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With thousands of pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 13,000 organizations trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.
Okta is in hyper growth mode. We are seeking an experienced Senior Finance Manager who will be a key player in and is truly excited about driving and effectively scaling Okta’s rapid growth. This role will lead a team of one analyst to partner and support Okta’s Chief Customer Officer as well as their team on all planning, forecasting, and analysis activities. This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate that wants to be part of a dynamic FP&A organization that is operating at an accelerated pace and scaling for the future.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated, a team player, a confident business partner, capable of driving action cross-functionally, analytical, and outstanding at FP&A. This person is comfortable operating at all levels, with an eye on the strategic big picture, while skillfully managing the financial details.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be a strategic finance partner to the Chief Customer Officer who is responsible for the Customer Success, Customer Support, Global Services as well as Renewals groups.
- Partner with Sales Finance on translating the impact of churn on the Net ARR forecast.
- Manage and report on all financial aspects of the full P&L for Global Services.
- Own the budgeting and forecasting processes for the CCO, including:
- Partnering with business partners to ensure accuracy for headcount, program spend, and other key metrics based on operational performance
- Preparing budget vs. actual variance analysis and other relevant reporting
- Leading thoughtful analysis, evaluating key drivers and metrics, and partnering on driving operational efficiencies
- Collaborating with the controllership organization on accruals as well as other elements of the close process
- Evolving these processes, as needed
- Develop monthly/quarterly management reports regarding the underlying performance, leading indicators, validation of plan assumptions, and key metrics on the business
- Partner in the corporate long-range strategic planning, as applicable
- Facilitate and drive frequent ad hoc as well as targeted projects to support senior management on business decisions
- Lead process and systems improvement and scaling projects for your area and partner on cross functional teams, to drive the company’s continued growth and scaling.
- Analytical Skills: Ability to work independently, think objectively, and interpret meaningful and insightful narratives from both quantitative as well as qualitative data
- Financial and Business Acumen: Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate as well as distill data into actionable information to drive results
- Problem Solving & Decision Quality: Ability to apply rigorous logic and sound methods to solve multi-faceted problems with effective solutions
- Relationship Management: Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners, inclusive of senior members of management
- Ability to influence at all levels, with a demonstrated aptitude to work effectively within a matrixed team across multiple functional areas, and be assertive in driving successful management strategies
- Presentation Skills: Effective in a variety of presentation settings including one-on-one, small, and large groups.
- MBA preferred, minimum of a B.S. in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or an equivalent from a leading undergraduate institution
- 10+ years of progressive experience in FP&A with experience having supported a rapidly growing customer success/support and/or global services organizations, highly preferred.
- Experience building high performing teams
- High proficiency with FP&A systems required, Anaplan & Tableau experience is a HUGE plus
- Excellent financial modeling and analysis skills
- Advanced Excel and strong PowerPoint skills are required
- Prior experience with SalesForce.com or ERP/NetSuite a plus
- Prior experience in a high-growth high tech/software/SaaS organization is a plus
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.