Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With thousands of pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,400 organizations trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.
Okta is in hyper growth mode. We are seeking an experienced Sr. Financial Analyst who will be a key player in and is truly excited about driving and effectively scaling Okta’s rapid growth. This person will partner with CEO-staff level business partners and their teams for the Go to Market WW Sales group on all planning, forecasting, and analysis activities. This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate that wants to be part of a dynamic FP&A organization that is operating at an accelerated pace and scaling for the future.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated, a team player, a confident business partner, capable of driving action cross-functionally, analytical, and outstanding at FP&A. This person is comfortable operating at all levels, with eye on the strategic big picture, while skillfully managing the financial details.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be a strategic financial partner to the WW Sales group
- Own the budgeting and forecasting processes for sales, including:
- Partnering with business partners to ensure accuracy for HC, Spend and other key metrics based on operational performance
- Preparing budget vs. actual variance analysis and other relevant reporting
- Leading thoughtful analysis, evaluating key drivers and metrics, and partnering on driving operational efficiencies
- Collaborating with the controllership organization on accruals, commissions as well as other elements of the close process
- Evolving these processes, as needed
- Develop monthly/quarterly management as well as the BoD reports regarding the underlying performance, leading indicators and key metrics on the business
- Prepare analytics and financial summaries in support of corporate long-range strategic planning
- Facilitate and drive frequent ad hoc as well as targeted projects to support senior management on business decisions
- Lead process and systems improvement and scaling projects for your area and partner on cross functional teams, to drive the company’s continued growth and scaling.
- Analytical Skills: Ability to work independently, think objectively, and interpret meaningful and insightful narratives from both quantitative as well as qualitative data
- Financial and Business Acumen: Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate as well as distill data into actionable information to drive results
- Problem Solving & Decision Quality: Ability to apply rigorous logic and sound methods to solve multi-faceted problems with effective solutions
- Relationship Management: Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners, inclusive of senior members of management
- Ability to influence at all levels, with a demonstrated aptitude to work effectively within a matrixed team across multiple functional areas, and be assertive in driving successful management strategies
- Presentation Skills: Effective in a variety of presentation settings including one-on-one, small, and large groups.
- MBA preferred, minimum of a B.S. in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or an equivalent from a leading undergraduate institution
- 5+ years of progressive experience in FP&A with a minimum of 3 years’ experience supporting a rapidly growing sales organization
- High proficiency with FP&A systems required, Anaplan & Tableau experience is a HUGE plus
- Excellent financial modeling and analysis skills
- Advanced Excel and strong PowerPoint skills are required
- Prior experience with SalesForce.com, Clari, or ERP/NetSuite a plus
- Prior experience in a high-growth high tech/software/SaaS organization is a plus
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.