The Sr. Financial Systems Analyst will be instrumental in implementing, enhancing and maintaining the software applications that support Okta’s financial management processes and human resource practices. Our office operations are enabled by a portfolio of SaaS applications that includes Netsuite, Anaplan, Concur, Coupa, RevPro. These applications are being continuously modified and expanded to support the growth of Okta’s international operations, to conduct business with large, complex Global 1000 companies, and to prepare for public company operations at some point in the future. You will play a leadership role in planning and implementing changes to back office systems that address these requirements.
The majority of our applications were originally implemented on a tactical basis to satisfy immediate business needs. As the scope and sophistication of business operations has expanded, it is becoming increasingly important to establish deeper integration among various SaaS applications and their associated databases. This integration is needed to streamline internal processes, reduce the risk of human error and improve the productivity of business staff members. The Analyst will also be influential in a variety of SaaS integration initiatives.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with members of the Finance teams in planning and implementing changes to existing SaaS applications. You will be responsible for solution design and delivery – including requirements gathering, configuration changes, testing and deployment. You'll play a similar role in implementing new SaaS tools that complement Okta’s existing applications and will assist in the technical evaluation and selection of new tools.
- Design secure, agile business processes to support a rapidly growing company.
- Manage incidents for key business applications and coordinate with external vendors and key internal partners.
- Identify and prioritize application integration opportunities that can streamline business processes and improve productivity.
- Ensure that the management our back office systems adheres to all IT general controls and fully supports Okta’s FedRAMP and HIPAA certifications.
- This Systems Analyst will become proficient in implementing business-driven changes across multiple applications and is not expected to become the singular in-depth authority in any one tool. This position is an excellent opportunity to diversify the exposure to back office applications.
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- General knowledge of back office business processes for Finance is required. Prior experience working in a subscription-based enterprise software company is desirable.
- 3+ years of Systems Analyst experience working with finance applications is required
- Personal familiarity with Okta’s core business applications - NetSuite, Anaplan, Concur, Coupa is desirable.
- Customization, scripting and review of segregation of duties is desirable.
- Prior experience leading back office SaaS applications in compliance with the regulations applied to public companies (e.g. SOX) is required.
- Business operations experience in a finance department.
- Agile Methodology familiarity is highly desirable.
- Extraordinary problem solver with the ability to cross between detailed data and high-level insights.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively across functional departments and management hierarchies. A consistent track record of working effectively on virtual teams is required.
- You will have demonstrated experience prioritizing and delivering against multiple project deadlines and goals.
- BA/BS degree in a scientific or engineering discipline, or equivalent experience, is required. Background in a systems implementation practice, management consulting firm, or fast-growing startup environment is a plus
- Ideally 5 years hands on NetSuite development and integration experience on the NetSuite platform.
- This position is intended for a more Sr. developer who can oversee all programming projects & recommending improvements on change management
- Heavy NetSuite Customization & Configuration* Advanced SuiteCloud, SuiteScripts, workflows and Suitetalk experience.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.