Okta is looking for a highly motivated Sr. Manager, Commissions Operations to take a lead role in creating the strategy, design, and operationalization of incentive compensation plans across the Worldwide Sales Organization. This role will partner cross-functionally with Human Resources, Sales Ops, Sales Organization, Business Technology Platforms, FP&A, Accounting, Payroll, and Legal teams to drive global consistency, data quality, processing accuracy, and system integrations to scale and support Okta’s growth. Additionally, this will be a key role responsible to find efficiencies within current processes with a focus on automation to ensure an efficient and timely close process to meet deadlines. The individual will be managing an already high-performing team of 3 and will be reporting to the Sr. Manager, Compensation Accounting.
Job Duties and Responsibilities, include (but not limited to):
- Strategic thought leadership for comp plan design through implementation
- Drive process and system improvements to drive efficiency and to reduce risks
- Provide a high level of customer service to the Global Sales Organization and to cross-functional partners on commission related inquiries and requests
- Support the Accounting team with the preparation of timely and accurate commission accruals and reconciliations
- Provide analysis and business insight on financial results (on attainments, trends, performance metrics, benchmarks, etc.)
- Ensure compensation plans are effectively supporting the various business goals and strategies
- Maintain and enhance internal controls over accounting processes and systems to ensure Sox and policy compliance
- Support quarterly/annual audit requests/inquiries from Internal and External Auditors
- Project manage the annual updates of commission plans and overseeing UAT preparation and execution
- Ad Hoc projects and requests, as needed
- 10+ years of high-tech company experience (SaaS/Cloud model preferred) in commissions
- 5+ years of experience managing an operations team in a fast-paced environment
- BS/BA in accounting, finance, economics, or other quantitative fields preferred
- Strong Xactly Incent experience with a focus on configuration, plan designs and implementation
- Experience in analyzing sales commissions processes and finding automation opportunities
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with the ability to meet multiple deadlines
- Advanced analytical and modeling skills with the ability to appropriately define issues, questions and data
- Motivated to work cross-functionally in a role which supports multiple business partners
- Effective communicator who can take complex logic and scenarios and describe them simply and clearly to various internal parties
- Experience with CRM/HRIS systems like Salesforce and Workday is preferred
- Very strong Microsoft Excel skills and passion for new technologies
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.