Title of Job: Sr. Manager Workplace Technology Operations
Role Location: Okta Headquarters (San Francisco, CA)
Reports to: Sr. Director of Workplace Technologies
Position Description: The Sr. Manager of Workplace Technology Operations will head up operations and technical support for Okta’s Workplace Technologies stack. We are looking for a proven operations leader to help us scale our systems and support as we grow, focusing on Zoom (Rooms, Video Conferencing, & Phone), digital signage, training & event spaces, printing, wayfinding, agile desking, and innovating on the employee workplace experience. In addition to scaling our support, this leader will be responsible for defining SLAs, setting metrics to measure our performance, maturing existing support processes, and aligning resources to support our employees and offices around the globe. Our team is looking to innovate on the workplace technology experience, and this role is a great opportunity for an operations leader with AV/UC experience and a passion for innovation, IOT, and smart workplaces. This role is a senior level position on the Workplace Technologies Team, and this leader will also be involved in setting strategy.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a distributed team of AV/UC and workplace technology support resources as well as contract and vendor resources
- Hire, onboard, and train new workplace technology support resources, setting a high bar for technical support and customer service excellence
- Oversee vendor maintenance agreements for workplace technologies hardware
- Build out a formal service catalog, defining offerings, setting SLAs, identifying KPIs, and using data to measure and improve performance
- Oversee troubleshooting and resolution of issues globally with Zoom, Teem, Ring Central, JAMF, Envoy, digital signage, and other workplace technologies. Ensure root causes are identified, documented, and that the team proactively works to prevent repeat issues.
- Partner closely with Workplace Technologies Engineering to scale our systems and automate support.
- Manage system/hardware life-cycle, updates/refreshes, and schedule preventative maintenance.
- Partner with IT and the Workplace Technologies team to coordinate support across all offices.
- Document processes and support, and cross train local IT resources when necessary
- Participate in budget planning, forecasting spend, and manage procurement activities for Workplace Technology Operations.
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong IT operations management experience, preferably including AV/UC and other corporate technologies, for a med-large company with a global presence.
- 3+ years experience managing and developing people, including distributed teams.
- 5+ years previous experience in a technical IC role (preferably as an AV/UC Engineer, network engineer, or systems engineer)
- Experience with budget planning, managing spend to budget, and procurement processes.
- Experience with managing Zoom is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience with setting KPIs and measuring service/support performance.
- Experience implementing system monitoring and alerting across systems.
- Experience training teams in how to perform root cause analysis and proactively drive service (and engineering) improvements.
- Sense of humor, technical curiosity, strong sense of ownership, and passionate about delivering an amazing employee technology experience.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,400 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.