JOB SUMMARY (Your Opportunity)
We are currently seeking a Senior People Business Partner to support our Finance & Go to Market organizations. This position will be responsible for leading, supporting, and facilitating the delivery of People services to the organizations while delivering high impact and value. The Sr PBP, will work closely with the Customer First and other leadership teams to provide expert advice and coaching, which will drive and support their business objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (Your Responsibilities)
• Provide strategic advice, counsel and consultative solutions to business leaders on people management aspects of their business to include driving organizational development, team effectiveness, executing change management strategy and employee engagement solutions.
• Collaborate and consult on the design and delivery of People programs with the COEs to deliver effective solutions to the business.
• Act as the advocate for leading the talent management and development plans for the business unit with a focus on enhancing the quality of leaders and managers, building skills and capabilities of the workforce and ensuring succession bench strength.
• Direct, develop and drive business unit’s global workforce plan and human capital strategies by acquiring and maintaining in-depth knowledge of the business, not limited to budget, revenue and product and portfolio roadmaps.
• Partner with Talent Acquisition, Talent Management and Finance to ensure a feasible, pro-active workforce plan is in place and well executed.
• Develop and monitor regular and ad-hoc reports to ensure People metrics are quantified and outcome driven. Able to identify trends and proactively recommend solutions to improve performance, retention, and employee experience.
• Guide and coach managers on how to appropriately manage and resolve complex People issues (e.g., performance management and total rewards).
• Partner with team members throughout the People organization to communicate and educate on policies, procedures, and compliance.
• Provide consultative support and guidance to managers on implementation / execution of core People programs.
• Leverage best practices and identifies opportunities for efficiencies.
• Understand the client groups, strategy, challenges, business initiatives and business model.
· KNOWLEDGE & REQUIREMENTS (Our Ideal Candidate)
· Exceptional communication skills combined with demonstrated problem solving ability are critical for this role.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
· Viewed as a resource for advice and guidance by peers and senior leaders.
· Good understanding of matrix structures and politically savvy.
· Ability to cope with pressure maintaining a high standard of deliverables.
· Excellent organization and follow-through skills.
· Ability to analyze data and propose methods for continuous improvement.
· Ability to work in a confidential environment.
· Ability to work in a fast moving and changing environment.
· Ability to effectively communicate in various mediums to a wide variety of audiences.
· Able to build relationships, develop credibility with internal clients and mentor HR colleagues.
· Strong ability to multi-task and respond effectively to changing priorities and demands.
· Strong experience working with technology companies.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS (Your Qualifications)
· Bachelor’s Degree required and 7+ years of relevant experience.
· Experience supporting SVP+ level.
· Experience supporting teams of 500+ employees.
· Experience coaching and mentoring others in an informal or formal setting.
· Experience working on various HR programs/projects.
· Experience in a growing, global software company environment is preferred.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 8,400 organizations, including JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.
Identity is at the core of everything we do. And to us at Okta, that doesn’t just mean securing the identities of our customers, but also celebrating the identities of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our vision is to nurture a culture of inclusion and belonging while we create balanced teams to fuel innovation and collective growth.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.