We’re looking for a detail-oriented, analytical and strategic leader to help us achieve our operational and financial goals while embodying our company values. You will join a world-class Finance team as our SVP, Chief Accounting Officer (CAO). The SVP, CAO is a proven professional that is responsible for the core operational aspects of accounting. This includes developing talent, balancing capabilities and working effectively cross-functionally in a rapidly changing and growing environment.
The SVP, Chief Accounting Officer collaborates cross functionally with the broader organization and is the leader of the Company's accounting team which includes responsibility for the record to report cycle, month end close, regulatory compliance, revenue and financial reporting and analysis. Success in this role is dependent on leadership, organization/people development, process improvement, strategic execution, ability to deal with a rapidly changing business environment and strong communication.
What You’ll Achieve
- Lead all areas of global accounting, both technical and transactional: including payroll operations, technical accounting, revenue accounting, consolidations, international accounting, operational accounting, internal controls and Sarbanes Oxley compliance, and external SEC reporting
- Develop and adopt the best policies and operational standards through peer benchmarking and risk management
- Continue to scale end-to-end business processes, systems and financial controls in support of the future growth of the Company, including leading, evaluating and executing on global expansion initiatives
- Responsible for Audit Committee agendas and interactions and support Compensation Committee initiatives and other Board of Director meetings/activities
- Serve as the executive accounting sponsor and primary contact for cross-functional teams to support various projects and initiatives, such as M&A. For each transaction, actively advise and support negotiations of terms of agreement with legal, the financial impact of transaction with Corporate Development, and the forecast of new business with FP&A
- Sponsor and partner cross-functionally to support full process and system integrations for acquisitions
- Continue to build a high-performing, high-potential, and diverse accounting team, by embodying a multiplier mentality. Deeply invest in the development and growth of team members through training, mentorship, and rotational opportunities.
- Collaborate across the company to improve controls, enhance processes and advance company performance. Serve as primary contact with external auditors to ensure effective execution of audit, internal controls and financial reporting activities.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of accounting policies, adapting to the changes in our business as well as changes to U.S. GAAP.
- Bachelor's degree, with emphasis in accounting or finance
- CPA or MBA required
- At least 15 years work experience in accounting
- 4+ years in Big 4 public accounting
- Previous experience as a public company Corporate Controller or Assistant Controller of large public corporation
- Comprehensive understanding of financial accounting and reporting under US GAAP and SEC requirements
- Merger & acquisition and integration accounting experience
- Deep technical knowledge
- Comprehensive understanding and prior experience with design and implementation of accounting policies and procedures
- Previous experience in a public company SOX environment
- Proven success in developing and leading a team of people using a collaborative management style in a public company environment
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
((Colorado, New York, Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $352,300/year + equity + benefits)
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.