Okta is searching for a Tax Manager to join its Tax Compliance and Reporting team. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with strong organizational, project management, and process improvement skills. The ideal candidate should be proficient in most areas of income tax compliance and reporting encountered by multinational technology corporations.
What you will do:
- Manage and review domestic and foreign income tax return compliance prepared by external service providers, including federal, state, international, and local country compliance
- Manage and review components of quarterly and annual income tax provisions and financial statement disclosures prepared by external service providers
- Manage operation of SOX controls and documentation
- Assist with managing Okta senior tax analysts and external service providers
- Maintain a strong working relationship with strategic business partners in Accounting, Internal Audit, FP&A, Treasury, Legal, and Stock Compensation to accomplish Tax objectives
- Coordinate with other tax team members on international, transfer pricing, and M&A tax issues as needed
- Assist with managing income tax audits and notices
- Provide tax advice with respect to corporate income tax issues
- Assist with special tax projects as they arise, such as tax planning, legal entity rationalization, acquisitions, and new entity formation initiatives as needed
- Stay current on income tax issues impacting the company
- BA/BS degree in accounting, finance or similar discipline
- 5+ years of corporate tax experience with a public accounting firm and/or a multinational company
- Proven ability to drive completion of tasks requiring cross-functional collaboration
- Ability to communicate complicated tax issues to non-tax business partners in Finance and ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Detail oriented with ability to take ownership of tasks
- Strong Excel skills
- Masters in Tax or J.D.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Strong understanding of accounting for income tax provisions under ASC 740
- Familiarity with federal, state, and international income tax concepts
- Experience automating processes, especially tax provision process automation
- Experience managing direct reports
- Experience with Netsuite
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $117,000/year + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.