The Head of “Okta U” will lead and champion the learning and development that enables Okta’s employees to thrive. This role will lead our Learning & Development and global Employee On Boarding teams, as well as establish the road map for the long term vision of Okta University. This role will be responsible for the overall design, development and deployment of high impact solutions aimed at enabling the capabilities of new and existing employees as we continue our rapid growth.
What You'll Do:
- Build upon our early success in Learning and Development; maintain and improve vital programs while introducing new ways for our employees to grow and develop.
- Act as a change agent: build understanding, enthusiasm, and use influence to gain buy in from key stakeholders and drive alignment around how Learning & Development, On-Boarding and Okta University work together to deliver value for employees and increase our employer brand.
- Build the over-arching strategy of OktaU for an expanded scope in the next 12-24 months.
- In partnership with IT, drive the identification and deployment of a robust learning management platform capable of delivering current L&D, as well as future online Okta U solutions to a variety of audiences, whereever they are.
- Create a scalable and comprehensive program to ensure that our employees have the functional and industry specific knowledge and training to fully embrace, deploy and deliver Okta’s world-class identity and security solutions.
- Work closely with stake-holders to drive scalable and sustainable on-boarding content by persona (ie; employees, partners, etc.) that meet the unique needs of each business or audience and promotes and facilitates a high performance culture.
- Oversee content creation that empowers employees with the skills, credentials, services and solutions needed to drive adoption and success of their Okta investment.
- Foster a sense of cultural connection to the company with OktaU as the trusted “hub” for community, communications and learning.
- Utilize data analytics to evaluate the effectiveness, success and impact Okta U programs in measurable ways. Leverage analysis to enhance future strategies and tactics.
Core Leadership Competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams – You build strong-identifying teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals
- Develops Talent – You know how to develop people to meet career and organizational goals
- Demonstrates Self Awareness – You are receptive to giving and receiving feedback to gain productive insight in to personal strengths and opportunity areas to help you grow and develop
- Drives for Results – You consistently achieve results and meet timelines, even under challenging circumstances
- Strategic Mindset – You see ahead to future possibilities and translate them in to breakthrough strategies
Functional / Craft Experience:
- 15+ years of experience in a HR/Learning and Development environment with an emphasis on Talent Management, L&D and continuous learning and/or certification programs.
- Experience building a corporate University, or experience leading and scaling talent management teams, L&D teams, executive leadership and manager development programs, as well as a growing portfolio of employee learning programs both on and offline, preferably in the software industry.
- Role requires a builder mind-set and very high level of diplomacy, communication and presentation skills to manage and execute across several functional teams.
- Experience influencing all levels of leadership and driving industry transforming practices which includes partnership experience.
- Experience leading, motivating and mentoring a team to execute strategies with a focus on career development and growth for people on the team.
- Proven experience launching or driving implementations requiring change management communication.
- Process and project management experience. Demonstrated experience leading global project(s) end-to-end with multiple stakeholders.
- Proven experience establishing company-wide learning governance models and unifying systems and solution strategies.
- Experience with leading cross functional efforts to implement learning delivery infrastructure to support Technical, G&A, and Go to Market audiences.
- Experience in implementing robust Learning metrics and ROI.
- Systems thinker with a “product manager mindset” with experience in HRsystems including content delivery systems and enterprise Learning Management Systems such Cornerstone, Degreed, or Intellum.
- Experience in launching various Learning Dev tools (Adobe, Articulate, Techsmith, Videoscribe,etc.).
- Experience delivering learning via collaboration & virtual delivery platforms (MS Teams, WebEx, Zoom, Skype, Bluejeans, Jitsi, etc).
- Previous experience building or leading a “University” at a company is highly desired.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or L&D management /or a related field.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.