As part of the Workplace Services team at Okta, the Workplace Site Manager will have operational oversight of our expanding facility headquarters (HQ) in San Francisco. In addition, this role will be responsible for building relationships with key stakeholders to deliver on the Okta workplace experience. The successful candidate will excel at working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. This position requires strong analytical skills, a comfort with facilitating cross-functional meetings to interface regularly with business representatives, as well as an ability to articulate strategies and solutions.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and lead a dynamic team overseeing Workplace Services and general facilities operations
- Lead and assist teams in the management of all programs, including but not limited to, health and safety, food and beverage, space planning, ergonomics, shipping and receiving, janitorial, and MEP
- Build strong internal relationships with our employees, partner teams and key stakeholders
- Responsible for the oversight of all vendor services, including quarterly business reviews, ensuring the ongoing performance and financial review of vendor partnerships
- Ensure team is driving vendors to meet Okta’s service level agreements (SLA) and key performance indicator (KPI) requirements
- Oversee the SF Workplace Operations budget; partner with Finance on all items ranging from capex/opex, accruals, reforecasts, etc.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with property management team
- Engage and collaborate with business partners to gain cross-functional support and leverage initiatives across divisions
- Work closely with HQ Regional Manager and HQ South – San Jose site manager to align strategy and programs over the region
- Liaise with other Workplace teams including Workplace Technology, Physical Security, Real Estate and Construction to provide a cohesive workplace experience
- Develop and regularly update Workplace Services playbook for San Francisco site
- Provide operational support to Project Manager regarding all SF-based construction projects including tracking all TI construction files (architectural plans, installation warranties, Operation & Maintenance manuals, etc.), drafting internal comms, and space launch
- Be a local leader for driving Okta culture. Oversee San Francisco’s internal events, ensuring standards, budgets and compliance are adhered to while providing event strategy to the evolving facility
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A minimum of 5-7+ years of workplace programs and/or site management experience for a large company
- Position is an “on-call 24/7” role with presence in the office M – F, 8am-5pm expected
- Must have strong management and leadership skills, and experience with both direct reports and cross functional teams
- Strong organizational skills, analytical skills, financial acumen, as well as, verbal and written communication skills are required
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while multitasking, re-prioritizing projects, and communicating priority updates to internal/ external stakeholders
- Strong background in Workplace Services focused on customer service and promoting a positive employee experience. Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong computer and systems knowledge – including Space IQ, Coupa, Concur, Service Now, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, or AA/AS with equivalent experience
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work