About the team
The Brand, Content & Creative team at Okta is a growing group within Marketing, composed of creatives, strategists, producers and marketing managers alike. Our team’s focus is to lead the brand, tell powerful stories and inspire creative excellence.
As a partner to cross-functional teams across all of Okta, we tie our goals to our most important company initiatives, driving towards shared KPIs, strategies and processes to unify and push the brand and business forward.
About the role
Okta is looking for an exceptional Art Director to join our growing internal agency and partner with our creative leads to bring our brand and marketing to life. Reporting into the Creative Director, Event and Experiences, you will be challenged to ideate, concept and problem-solve against key marketing briefs. You will help to craft and tell the Okta story through a variety of channels and mediums, always advocating for the brand and taking pride in beautiful, inspiring and consistent work.
The right person for this role will be an inspired and passionate designer, and a highly-motivated individual that has the experience, ability and drive to manage multiple projects and work seamlessly with cross-functional teams across the company.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with the Creative Director and teams on conceptual development, design and execution across key marketing briefs.
- Partner with our Strategic Events team to bring our brand to life in new and engaging ways in both physical and digital experiences.
- Create scalable systems and guidelines for our events and customer experience centers.
- Work with our Workplace Services team to help define the experience for our customer experience centers.
- Develop creative ideas that meet project KPIs; test and iterate when necessary
- Work cross functionally with key marketing leads to present creative concepts and solutions against briefs
- Ensure the consistency of the brand and highest quality of design across all projects
- Keen understanding and passion to learn about and share insights on design and industry trends
- Create, concept, inspire others, and roll up their sleeves while bringing creative ideas to life; can deliver and receive direct and clear feedback
- Ability to think big while operating at the lowest level of detail
- Must be a self starter while being comfortable guiding teams, freelancers, agencies, and production partners
What experience you have
- BA or BFA in Art/Design
- Extraordinary design skills
- World-class portfolio of work
- Outstanding presentation skills and proven ability to produce and pitch world-class strategic presentations to all levels of an organization
- 8+ years experience in art direction and design in a creative agency or client-side group; B2B / tech experience is a plus
- 3+ years experience leading and managing a team in a creative agency or internal creative group; global experience is a plus
- 5+ years experience in marketing work with a rich portfolio including digital, print, interactive, website/mobile design and video
- Hands-on expertise in developing creative solutions and campaigns across all mediums: advertising, film, websites, mobile and graphic design, Corporate ID, interactive, social campaigns, content marketing and events
- Expert knowledge of creative process and all digital creative software tools
You are excited about this role because:
- You are highly motivated and a problem solver.
- You love to build.
- You never shy from a challenge.
We are excited about you because:
- You are an inspiring, positive, force of nature.
- You are always bringing new ideas to the table.
- You are happy to share your knowledge and insights with other team members.
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
((Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $154,000/year + bonus, commission, or variable comp (depending on role) + equity + benefits *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20))
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.