Okta is the foundation for secure connections between people and technology. By harnessing the power of the cloud, Okta allows people to access applications on any device at any time, while still enforcing strong security protections. It integrates directly with an organization’s existing directories and identity systems, as well as 4,000+ applications.
Because Okta runs on an integrated platform, organizations can implement the service quickly at large scale and low total cost.
Thousands of customers, including Adobe, Allergan, Chiquita, LinkedIn, and Western Union, trust Okta to help their organizations work faster, boost revenue, and stay secure.
To learn more about Okta, visit: https://www.okta.com.
As a Business Development Manager you will be tasked with managing, coaching, mentoring and motivating a team of talented Business Development Reps. You should bring a proven track record of success in achieving Business Development targets - showcasing your ability to increase effectiveness and efficiency, motivate teams and create a working team culture of success.
Okta’s Demand Generation team is positioned at the top of the funnel for the global sales org and is the talent pipeline that feeds our Account Executives. You will align inbound lead generation goals, strategy, and tactics to our go-to-market initiatives in the marketing organization and collaborate closely with marketing, sales, and enablement groups to maximize pipeline creation.
- Hire, onboard, and develop new Business Development Representatives
- Implement and maintain outbound and inbound processes - examine, report and track results on a regular basis
- Maintain a strong focus on outcomes and impact
- Develop your team’s skills for qualifying and Opportunity creation
- Provide regular coaching, feedback, and professional development
- Closely monitor metrics with the aim to increase productivity
- Work closely with sales managers and account executives to ensure proper alignment on account coverage, target personas, opportunity quality and BDR to AE hand-off
- Articulate the business value of Okta, and maintain in-depth knowledge of the Okta platform, our competitors, and industry trends
- Minimum 1+ years directly managing a team of SDR/BDR’s (SaaS or Technology experience highly desired)
- Strong executive presence and the ability to maintain confidentiality and business ethics
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, communication and conflict resolution skills
- Expert in using Salesforce.com and other sales tools/products to drive productivity
- Proven ability to effectively hire and train new SDRs
- Effective presentation and listening skills
- Comfort working in fast-paced environments and ability to work through unknowns
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.