Okta is seeking a motivated Communications Specialist to join our Business Critical and Crisis Communications team. You will support communications programs and tactics that build, enhance, and protect Okta’s corporate reputation. You will report to the leader of Business Critical and Crisis Communications and interact with senior leaders and key stakeholders across Okta.
- Work closely with team members to plan, create strategy around, and execute a standardized activation, notification, and management plan for crises
- Partner with key stakeholders across our organization to build awareness of and alignment with the plan
- Edit and proofread communication materials around business critical comms, including: internal communications, Q&As, customer/partner notifications, media statements, post-incident comms, etc.
- Liaise with regional comms team members who manage crises
- Provide administrative and scheduling support for various business critical communication initiatives (prep for cross-functional meetings, coordination with our third-party agency partners, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications or a related field
- 2-3 years of internal communications experience
- Excellent PowerPoint and presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong project management skills with keen attention to details
- Communications experience in technology or enterprise technology companies is highly preferred
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to work with all levels of employees, including senior leaders
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum salary of $117,000 year + bonus + equity + benefits)
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.