Okta is the foundation for secure connections between people and technology. Our IT products uniquely use identity information to grant people access to applications on any device at any time, while still enforcing strong security protections. Our platform securely connects companies to their customers and partners. Today, thousands of organizations trust Okta to help them fulfill their missions as quickly as possible.
Okta is looking for an experienced Content Marketing Manager (Security) to join our growing content team as part of our broader communications team. The role will report to the Director of Communications + Content and work closely with key stakeholders across the company to fuel awareness and demand for Okta’s security brand and security products. You’ll be responsible for driving the editorial direction, production, execution, and measurement of security content working closely with Okta’s REX security research team, security product marketing, security product management and Okta’s demand generation teams. The ideal candidate will have experience developing security and technical content strategies for product marketing and sales, be passionate about cloud and security content, and exhibit analytical skill and editorial craftsmanship.
- Develop, implement, and track the performance of an editorial strategy and roadmap for security content
- Write, edit, produce, publish and promote industry-leading content
- Efficiently manage multiple agencies, vendors, creative teams and copywriters
- Establish goals and clearly defined metrics of success to measure the quality of content, audience growth, engagement and content reach
- Work collaboratively with communications, security research teams, security product management
- Own, maintain and enforce editorial guidelines
- Understand and grow our earned, paid, shared and owned security content strategy
- Able to pivot team quickly to experiment with new types of programming
- Stay up to date on security content landscape to make content strategy recommendations
Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, journalism, communications
5+ years proven content marketing experience and results in a technical B2B industry; security or cloud software experience required
Experience in and passion for security and technical content
Experience developing and leading strategic editorial programs
Excellent editorial, communications and project management skills as well as exceptional attention to detail
Proficiency in SEO, Salesforce, Google Analytics and Heap, along with social and digital metrics and tools
Ability to work effectively with a variety of team members across different functions
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work