Okta is looking for an experienced Content Marketing Manager to lead our Developer and DevOps content strategy. The role will be part of our broader content + communications team and work closely with key stakeholders across the company to fuel awareness and demand for Okta’s developer brand and products. You’ll be responsible for driving the editorial direction, production, execution, and measurement of developer content working with Okta’s developer evangelists, product marketing, and demand generation teams. The ideal candidate will have experience creating technical content for a developer audience, exhibit analytical skill + editorial craftsmanship, and be a team player willing to jump in where needed.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, and track the performance of an editorial strategy and roadmap for developer and devops content
- Own Okta’s Developer Blog
- Write, edit, produce, publish and promote industry-leading content
- Efficiently manage multiple agencies, vendors, creative teams and copywriters
- Establish goals and clearly defined metrics of success to measure the quality of content, audience growth, engagement and content reach
- Work collaboratively with communications, developers, and product marketing
- Own, maintain and enforce editorial guidelines
- Produce and optimize developer video content
- Understand and grow our earned, paid, shared and owned developer content strategy
- Share content leveraging social media and content syndication
- Bachelor’s degree in English, marketing, journalism, or communications
- 7+ years proven content marketing experience and results in a technical B2B industry
- Experience in and passion for developer and technical content
- Experience developing and leading strategic editorial programs
- Excellent editorial, communications and project management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Proficiency in SEO, Google Analytics, Heap, Drupal, GitHub, and Asana, along with social media tools like Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube
- Able to pivot quickly to experiment with new types of programming
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,400 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.