Okta is looking for an exceptional Creative Director to help bring our digital ecosystem to life across all experiences. You will solve problems through engaging storytelling of our products and customer stories. You will collaborate across teams and departments to create digital experiences that will leave a lasting impression on prospects and customers. You will help connect our brand digitally between the digital, product, events, and marketing team to evangelize the Okta story from concept through execution.
This is a unique role for an inspiring creative that has the experience, ability and drive to manage multiple projects and work seamlessly with cross-functional teams across the company. This role requires a strong background in developing rich B2B digital experience for fast growing technology companies. This role reports directly to the Executive Creative Director.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Be a digital visionary that comes to work each day to unlock data drive results to move the business forward.
- Is comfortable navigating ambiguity and providing clarity and focus to our digital experiences.
- Should have a deep understanding of web development and creative processes with the ability to champion best practices across the organization.
- Partner closely across marketing, product and sales teams to develop the strategic and digital direction of the Okta brand across all digital marketing channels.
- Foster a culture of data-driven creativity that allows the team to do the most impactful and best work of their careers.
- Be a visionary and creative leader that comes to work each day to unlock our potential and bring to life the incredible mission and purpose of our company.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- BA or BFA in Design/UX.
- Extraordinary conceptual skills.
- World-class digital portfolio of work.
- 10+ years of experience creating large-scale digital experiences, or applications
- Expert understanding of various social and digital platforms and enterprise tools
- Must be a self starter while being comfortable guiding teams, freelancers, agencies, and production partners.
- Outstanding presentation skills and proven ability to produce and pitch world-class strategic presentations to all levels of an organization.
- 10+ years experience in Digital/UX and design across B2B and technology companies.
- 7+ years experience leading and managing a team in a creative agency or internal creative group; global experience is a plus.
- Hands-on expertise in developing digital solutions and ideas across all digital mediums: websites, mobile, interactive, social campaigns, marketing and events
- Expert knowledge of creative process and all digital creative software tools
Okta Leadership Competencies
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $178,000/year + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.