Position Description: Are you ready to build, enable, and accelerate demand generation from our prospect, partner, and customer database? Are you ready to develop personas and enable the sales and marketing team on using them to accelerate our GTM strategy? Are you ready to design and implement next-gen database hygiene products and programs? Are you ready to have fun, work hard, and make history? As our first Database Marketing Manager, you have the opportunity to do this and so much more. In this—newly created—role you will use your skills toolkit to solve some of our largest database obstacles while ideating on ways to help our teams use the data we have in new, better, and more productive ways. You will be on-point to be our lead for all-the-things related to database hygiene (tools and processes), personas (creation and tagging), technical debt workarounds (and some analysis), database analytics (identify contact gaps and strategies for closing), and—most importantly—the chief enabler of the tools we have access to that help our teams sell more Okta. Does this sound like you? Do you want this to sound like you? Get in touch! We would love a chat.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide long-term planning on personas including identification, mapping, implementation, and usage across our database.
- Lead our efforts in segmentation and personalization to not just help the right message get to the right human at the right time, but also to accelerate their step in the customer journey.
- Recommend new tools, processes, and programs that fill the hopper with our own database to push through the funnel.
- Be the data hygiene guru. Why guru? You will be on the fore-front of initiating our efforts to clean, and keep clean, our database while being the voice-on-others-shoulders helping to guide them on their own data quality pathway.
- Partner with our architecture team to establish and build data definitions and parameters for the usage of our data.
- Improve performance—through maturation and scale—of our per account per human marketing programs.
- Design segmentation strategies to continuously improve our database performance and predictability.
- Develop and share metrics to define the SOTDB (state of the database) and report on improvement efforts.
- Develop key performance indicators and ROI metrics to benchmark programs and measure impact on direct and indirect pipeline generation .
- Implement testing methodologies to continuously optimize programs.
- BS/BA degree in business engineering, economics, or related degree OR equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- 3+ years of experience with marketing data management, data cleansing, warehousing and unification strategies and tools
- Advanced proficiency with Excel, advanced marketing and reporting tools, and data sets—analytics toolset a bonus
- Deep understanding of best practices in database marketing
- Demonstrated experience scaling marketing programs across large databases that drive actual results that you can measure
- Strong data and analytical skills — using and interpreting data and analytics to quantify and improve marketing results
- Excellent communicator and collaborator; knows how to establish organizational support across multiple functions within the company
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong analytical skills
- A desire to have fun, work hard, and drive results for yourself and others
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work