The opportunity for Okta is massive: we can make any company more productive and more secure. As every company becomes a technology company, Okta is the foundation that lets them make this transition successfully. The advertising team is a dynamic and high-performing team, responsible for telling the Okta story to the right audience, and converting awareness into demand.
We’re looking for a motivated, data-driven storyteller to run advertising campaigns that place our Workforce Identity portfolio of solutions front-and-center for every organization seeking to modernize IT. This person will work cross-functionally with product marketing, demand generation campaigns, web marketing and marketing operations to build and measure full-funnel, integrated advertising campaigns that maximize pipeline and engagement. This person will also play a critical role in evolving our digital strategy and operational excellence as we grow our advertising footprint worldwide.
The ideal candidate should be able to combine customer insight, product understanding, a creative eye, and a strong grasp of advertising to bring the Okta story to life. The candidate should have demonstrable experience leading implementing media plans, creating custom reporting, and leading digital strategy. He or she should also be comfortable with ambiguity and be able to thrive in an environment that values ownership and collaboration. This is a unique opportunity for a creative, strategic, and customer-obsessed marketer to own advertising for the core products at one of the world’s leading and fastest-growing enterprise software companies.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Campaign Planning and Optimization – Develop product expertise and translate complex business initiatives into cohesive media plans all the way through to media execution. Create user-centric digital experiences consistent with our brand. Drive performance to key metrics.
- Message Testing - experiment to find the best performing messages for the target audience, codify and share insights across marketing. Suggest new content to cross-functional teams based on findings and prioritize existing content to amplify.
- Reporting and Forecasting – own portfolio-specific reporting and forecasting. Work with cross-functional stakeholders on custom reporting.
- Cross-functional Collaboration – act as a strategic partner to demand generation campaigns, web marketing, marketing operations, and product marketing teams
- Digital Strategy – Recommend new strategies for investment. Procure new vendors and technologies to generate growth in key marketing segments. Build internal processes, frameworks, and communication strategies that enhance operational excellence.
- 6-8 years hands-on experience with paid / digital media campaigns (including SEM,paid social, programmatic media, and retargeting) in a B2B setting.
- 3+ years experience leading digital strategy, including evaluating new technology, building analytical frameworks, and optimizing internal processes
- 2+ years experience creating campaigns using persona frameworks and account lists to market to a wide-range of B2B segments
- 2+ years working with a web analytics and tagging suites (Google Analytics, GTM, or equivalent)
- 2+ years experience with a marketing automation and Salesforce
- Intuitive understanding of the most important KPIs for each media channel or stage in the marketing funnel
- Creative thinker and self-starter with an insatiable appetite to learn, take on new challenges, and provide thought leadership
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Excellent cross-functional and tactical skills to drive collaboration and project execution
- Experience with a mid-sized B2B SaaS company or with a B2B media agency is strongly preferred.
- BA or BS in marketing, economics, or business or other quantitative discipline preferred
Okta is an equal opportunity employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,400 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.