About our team
The Brand, Content & Creative team at Okta is a growing group within Marketing, composed of creatives, strategists, producers and marketing managers alike. Our team’s focus is to lead the brand, tell powerful stories and inspire creative excellence.
As a partner to cross-functional teams across all of Okta, we tie our goals to our most important company initiatives, driving towards shared KPIs, strategies and processes to unify and push the brand and business forward.
About this role
When it comes to telling powerful stories, we believe in sharing the real stories of our customers. That’s where you come in. We are looking for a Director of Customer Marketing team to lead our customer advocacy and reference programs, helping us to identify the best-in-class stories and use cases of our customers across segment, industry and product. With a dedicated team for support, this Director will have 3 core focuses:
- Build long-lasting relationships with our top customers
- Partner with customers to ensure that best-in-class stories are identified
- Advocate for customers internally to bring their stories to life across all channels
This role will work in close collaboration with our Sales, Marketing, and C-level leadership to identify key stories and their place within our sales and marketing journeys.
What you will do
- Help further establish the process and strategy for working with cross-functional teams in terms of receiving, validating, leveraging and executing on a customer story across program types, e.g. strategic events, films
- Help to define KPIs for the program; clearly communicate metrics to respective Sales and Marketing channel owners to be able to track the success of customer stories
- Manage cross-functional relationships to identify key customer stories
- Continue to establish relationships with top customers and manage their participation in the program
- Lead and enable a team of customer marketing managers to own relationships and drive programs directly with customers
- Work with Marketing leadership to define our customer tiering system
- Manage and evolve ongoing customer programs such as events, swag programs, Customer Advisory Boards, etc.
- Help to facilitate and organize customer content to be distributed through key channels such as digital, social, and events
What experience you have
- 10+ working on or leading a customer marketing/customer reference team or similar program; experience working in B2B, tech and/or sales is a plus
- Proven ability to understand technical products and discern quality of use cases for storytelling
- Proven ability to manage people / lead a team
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proven experience working with executives and C-levels
- Experience in setting up/managing DAMs specifically for housing customer marketing assets and resources
- BA/BS degree
Why you are excited about this role
- You always put the customer first
- You love to lead and manage teams, providing clear goals and strategies to work against
- You enjoy building and running programs and are always on the lookout for opportunities to grow and evolve the work
Why we are excited about you
- You understand the power of storytelling and know how to discern between quality of stories
- You have a passion for people and building relationships
- You believe that customer stories can help to drive the business forward and can find the data to prove it
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $178,000/year + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.