Okta is looking for an exceptional Digital Strategy Leader to help create a world-class end to end digital customer experience for our Okta Digital Ecosystem. We’re seeking an experienced and talented leader who is passionate about crafting effective digital strategies and programs, turning data into actionable insights, and informing optimizations across Okta’s digital ecosystem.
As the Director of Digital Strategy and Innovation - Digital Experiences, one of your key areas of responsibilities will be defining our Digital Strategy for two Okta’s IT (workforce identity) and Developer (customer identity) trials end-to-end and its applications across our entire Digital Ecosystem and Customer Experience. As Trials represent the first real-world experience that prospects have with Okta, getting that first impression—and creating a compelling customer experience while in a trial—is paramount. You will set the strategic framework and execute on these programs across www.okta.com and our entire Digital Channels and Ecosystem. If you get excited about building end-to-end buying experiences, guiding the direction of product Trials, devising strategies to implement across digital experiences, running a pipeline generating business, and working with multiple teams to redefine the digital customer experience - this might just be your perfect role!
In this role you will also influence the overarching digital strategy, content strategy, and user experience strategy to effectively determine, promote, and increase the engagement for Free Trials and our most effective content offers across our digital ecosystem. You will work closely with our Marketing Analytics, Marketing Automation and Operations, Product Management, Business Technology, Information Technology, Product Marketing, Sales Ops, Campaigns - along with our key digital marketing channels and teams such as Digital Strategy, SEO, Digital Product Management, Paid Advertising from SEM, Display, ABM, and more.
The ideal candidate understands that digital customer journeys and experiences are not linear and you must constantly be innovating on how to reach your targeted audience and personas in the best way. You will be a master in devising digital strategies, crafting user experience recommendations and strategies, influencing the ideal customer experience, and partnering with our technology teams to execute testing, optimizations, and change that redefine the Free Trials Customer Journeys while balancing our offer mix across the Digital Ecosystem and to be the champion for Okta’s free trial offering for leads, pipeline, and revenue generation.
You will be able to influence relationships in a cross-functional manner, will have managed multiple work threads in the past, and you will be skilled at designing experiences that build pipeline and positive customer affinity. This leader must have awesome influencing, communicating, and problem solving skills that seeks to solve big problems collaboratively and as one team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Own the full funnel for our Trials (IT and Developer) including lead scoring for the trials from initial inquiry through marketing qualification, sales qualification, and on to pipeline.
- Influencing and supporting defining our digital strategy from planning to execution, implementation, optimization, analysis and reporting, BU stakeholder engagement, emphasizing online performance marketing activities around organic (Direct Traffic, SEO, Chat, 3rd Party Websites), paid advertising channels (SEM, Display, Retargeting), and additional core digital marketing channels.
- Strong critical and analytical skills across large datasets with a strong passion in turning data into actionable insights and easily consumable information.
- Execute on our existing lifecycle marketing strategy with regard to campaigns promoting our Free Trials while working to launch improved iterations using multi-channel experiences.
- Build relationships within product management to guide our Free Trials from an experience lens and work with them to improve activation and usage of our trials without negative impacts to our ability to conduct marketing and sales activities.
- Drive compliance programs globally for our trials alongside our marketing operations teammates. This is a global program and you will be expected to understand how we handle, capture, and use PII in the countries where we operate.
- Proactive versus reactive in the ability to surface potential areas of opportunity utilizing data to influence strategy and programs and run analysis on key trends to identify priority areas for optimization of the buyer’s journey while consistently monitoring and capturing opportunities that will provide revenue growth and margin improvements.
- Guiding, crafting, and recommending testing and optimization experiments and providing data-driven, analytically rigorous insights to test different channels and iterate on the digital marketing strategy, offer mix, and our free trials experience
- Drive and promote a culture of open communication, data-driven creativity, constant testing, learning, and customer success.
- Champion the standards and definitions for online digital strategy at Okta that is clear and inspiring for the entire team.
- Influence technology development to improve the customer journey, including purchase, upsell, cross-sell and promotions.
- Inspire and motivate the digital team by defining a profound purpose and vision, promoting a high-performance fun environment, creative exploration, innovation, and continuous learning.
- Be an inspiring team leader. As a Director, of Digital Strategy and Innovation - Digital Experiences, you will directly own this program and its influences across the broader digital ecosystem and strategy, content strategy, user experience strategy, and how our content and offers influence the overall customer experience. You will be looked to as one of the leaders for insights and movement on how we improve our entire digital ecosystem in an extremely critical function.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 10+ years experience driving strategy for industry leading Cloud/B2B/Enterprise Software websites.
- Excellent knowledge of and hands-on experience with all aspects of website creation and production.
- Exemplary executive presence and communication skills.
- Expert knowledge of digital channels and functions such as SEO, UX, Digital Strategy, SEM, Paid Advertising, and website analytics.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Strategic and transparent leader with broad perspective and proven ability to execute.
- A data-driven, budget-conscious, creative thinker and team player.
- Strong data and analytical skills — using and interpreting data and analytics to quantify and improve marketing results and a dedicated leader who is passionate about creating experiences that drive ROI.
- Strong project management skills with an ability to create, execute, and adjust plans as needed
- A desire to have fun, work hard, and drive results for yourself and others
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.