Okta is seeking an experienced director to own our executive communications program, lead a highly-skilled team, and support a wide range of Okta executives and their thought leadership platforms. You will report to Okta’s Director of Communications, and partner with our executives to share Okta’s story and vision with the world.
You will work closely with the existing team to drive Okta’s executive communications strategy, bringing fresh perspective and an operational approach to our work with C-level executives. An ideal candidate has a proven track record of building thought leadership platforms for executives, managing multiple high-stakes projects at once, and building teams.
Communications is an incredibly strategic and visible function at Okta and we’re looking for a driven, experienced leader who will start making an impact immediately. This role requires a deep understanding of our industry, enterprise software and cloud computing.
The ideal candidate has:
- 10-15 years of relevant communications experience.
- Experience working directly with CEOs, C-level executives, and SVPs; ability to engage with and influence senior executives and leadership teams with gravitas.
- A growth mindset and passion for building high-functioning teams.
- An understanding of Okta’s business and experience working with cloud companies.
- Experience crafting stories on technical concepts and enterprise products, and the ability to quickly identify trending topics and issues with a defined point of view; not afraid to take risks or a controversial stance.
- A passion for internal communications and change management; experience helping executives communicate effectively with their teams.
- An eye for design and the ability to clearly articulate your vision to translate a message into a visual medium.
- An understanding and passion for multimedia, visual storytelling, and modern communications platforms.
- A strong, clear writing style and voice, with excellent writing and editing skills.
- A detail-oriented, analytical approach, with the ability to manage multiple, high-profile projects and deliverables.
- BS/BA degree.
- Spearhead the strategy, development and execution of executive communications programs.
- Craft and oversee multiple executives’ platforms, research new topics, and pioneer creative ways to share stories across different channels, including but not limited to videos, blog posts, bylines, and social media.
- Manage and build a highly-skilled team of executive communication leads.
- Become an Okta messaging expert with the ability to simply express complex narratives for technical and enterprise audiences.
- Partner closely with Okta’s corporate events team, internal design team, and external partners to bring our executives’ messaging and vision to life via compelling presentations and speeches.
- Collaborate with the global content and communications team and our agency partners around the world to build and expand on Okta’s executive communications program.
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.