Okta Marketing is looking for a seasoned Marketing Strategy & Planning leader to drive our strategy formulation, planning motion and resource allocation. This is an integral role for our best-in-class Marketing team as we continue to deliver on ambitious growth goals and scale operational capabilities. You will set the foundation of an impact-oriented operating model within Marketing that supports our company objectives. You will be a key partner to Marketing leadership, functional experts across Marketing, Sales, GTM Strategy & Planning and Financial Planning & Analysis teams.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the annual and quarterly Marketing planning process. Work in close partnership with Marketing leaders, Sales, GTM Strategy & Planning and Finance to deliver on a plan that supports company objectives with optimal return on investment.
- Manage effective resource allocation of Marketing programs and headcount budget, based on a robust investment framework. Drive the prioritization of marketing investments and align budget owners on trade-off decisions.
- Lead our quarterly business review (QBR) process and deliver insights on Marketing performance
- Partner with the GTM Strategy & Planning team and actively contribute to the Marketing target setting and sign-off process
- Collaborate with the analytics function and drive impact oriented decision-making based on KPI performance
- Serve as a trusted advisor to Marketing leadership. Provide recommendations on operational improvements and ways to drive effectiveness and efficiency across teams.
- Drive complex, cross-functional, global initiatives
Required Skills and Experience
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience in Marketing Strategy & Planning, Analytics or a similar role at a B2B, SaaS company
- 10+ years in managing Marketing budgets and resource allocation
- Deep understanding of key drivers of business and marketing strategy (pipeline and revenue analytics, investment ratios, funnel-metrics, martech foundation)
- Proven experience in building a holistic Marketing strategy and supporting execution within a high growth, global company
- Exceptional structured thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership skills and track-record of leading a high-performing team
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively across functionally and geographically distributed teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to convey complex ideas in a clear and concise manner.
- BS/BA or equivalent required. MBA strongly preferred.
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
((Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $169KUSD/year + bonus, commission, or variable comp (depending on role) + equity + benefits *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.