The Director, Partner Marketing leads the North America partner marketing team who works closely with Okta’s diverse and growing community of Technology Partners, Systems Integrators (SI) and reseller channel partners such as Optiv, CDW, and SHI. This person will oversee the strategy for the global partner marketing org, mentor and manage the North America partner marketing team and forge and maintain relationships with regional marketing and Okta’s global partner team counterparts. He/she is responsible for creating national marketing plans with our top strategic solution providers, running our MDF program, overseeing global Partner Summits, Oktane & SKO sponsorship sales and managing alignment across our global partner marketing activities. This position reports to the Director of Regional & Partner Marketing, North America.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise North America partner marketing team to plan and conduct campaigns, digital activities, and in person programs through the partner, with the partner, and to the partner.
- Liaison with the global partner marketing teams to ensure alignment across the global partner teams
- Enable Regional Marketing teams with processes and plans to work successfully with their regional partners.
- Drive eﬀorts to increase external and internal awareness of Okta and partner success, collaborating with cross-functional marketing, enablement, and global Okta partner teams.Create process for maintaining relationships with a growing list of partners in a variety of territories and be the ﬁrst point of contact for all marketing interactions.
- Strategize and manage marketing plans with top-tier national partners on a quarterly basis.
- Provide direction to campaign marketing team on which partners to include in go to market campaigns.
- Create dashboards with analytics team - provide analysis on partnership eﬀectiveness and evaluate ROIs to prioritize resources for success.
- Prepare both partner-facing and internal success metrics reporting – participate in top tier partner QBRs
- Work closely with SDRs on partner lead follow up process and attribution tracking.
- Act as a key Okta spokesperson to partners for marketing strategy, company positioning and messaging
- Work collaboratively with Partner Success Manager on management of MDF programs.
- Roll-up your sleeves and a can-do attitude
- 10-12+ Years marketing experience in B2B environment with previous experience in regional marketing and alliance or partner/channel marketing preferred
- Experience managing a team and directing that team’s strategy.
- Proven expertise and passion for developing partner marketing programs that are executed for broad business impact
- Ability to build strong relationships with partner teams. Experience inﬂuencing partners’ marketing programs
- Strong leadership, cross-functional team management and teamwork skills.
- Expertise in developing demand generation and awareness marketing campaigns – from theme and collateral development through execution and programs MROI evaluation.
- Prior experience with Salesforce.com, Tableau and marketing automation platforms such as Marketo.
- Prior experience with partner communities.
- Excellent communication skills including brief, impactful written communications.
- Creative problem solver and eﬀective decision maker
- Self-starter, high-energy, simultaneous management of several programs and initiatives
- MBA is a plus.
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.