Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box, we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Okta is seeking a world-class monetization strategy leader to drive cross portfolio pricing and packaging strategies to maximize value capture. Reporting into the Business Planning Strategy & Ops team, this lead will drive portfolio level packaging and pricing architecture design to accelerate customer expansion. This individual will drive strategy decision approvals and ensure downstream implementation dependencies are lined up to operationalize.
This role requires strong cross functional executive collaboration and influencing along with the ability to deal with ambiguity while building and transforming for scale. This leader will have virtual team management responsibilities to define and drive a roadmap to move from point products to solution orientation in our SKU line up. The person in this role will work across Product and GTM leadership teams to determine the best portfolio monetization strategies and plans as we launch new innovations. This individual will drive and maintain the cross portfolio monetization strategy roadmap. In addition, this leader will work with product management and business operations teams to implement pricing and packaging changes within the product and the quote to cash systems. Finally, this leader will be responsible to drive the change management and alignment to ensure that the proposal lands successfully with the field and customers.
As Okta rapidly launches new innovations and expands into new markets, this role is critical to our success. A successful leader in this role will have a combination of skills across product strategy & management, customer research and market insights, business strategy, analytics, program management, communication, influencing and collaboration.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Lead cross portfolio pricing and packaging strategies to accelerate customer expansion to help Okta scale to $4B+ in revenue
- Work closely with GTM and Product leadership to drive sales, customer, partner centricity into portfolio packaging and pricing strategy proposals
- Drive customer cross-sell and up-sell opportunities through solution packaging (suites, bundles, etc.) that balances portfolio level simplification with value capture
- Assess price realization for different product families to identify and execute on optimization initiatives
- Connect and align customer maturity models and better together use cases into portfolio packaging, pricing model constructs and enterprise buying programs
- Provide content inputs for Okta’s official pricing webpages
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science, Engineering, Finance, Marketing, Business or an equivalent; MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience (preferably 4) in a monetization/pricing strategy role. May consider candidates with monetization/pricing experience and a combination of the following areas: strategy consulting, strategic finance or corporate strategy, deal strategy & value management, ideally at a SaaS or enterprise software company to equal 5 years.
- Experienced using analytics solutions (e.g. Python), data wrangling solutions (e.g. datarobot, Alteryx), and BI solutions (e.g. Tableau).
- Ability to quickly grasp new product concepts across a variety of technologies, consistently apply critical and structured thinking to new areas.
- Action-oriented to solve problems and get a lot done in short timeframes.
- Demonstrated leadership experience driving complex, cross-functional initiatives.
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills across all levels of an organization.
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.