Okta’s rapid growth and product innovation have contributed to our leadership position in the market for identity and access management. Today we sell our broad portfolio of solutions to the largest companies in the world, and to support our expansion across APAC we need product marketers who can go beyond point products to identifying overall customer problems and how Okta solves those problems across our product lines.
This solutions marketing team is highly strategic and cross-functional, focusing on messaging and go-to-market initiatives for the world’s largest organisations, while enabling the field, delivering thought leadership, collaborating with business development on partnerships, and partnering with marketing to target the right buyers and influencers.
The successful candidate will not only be expected to bring expert knowledge of the APAC market, but will also be expected to lead a small team of solutions marketers aligned to other regions in APAC. This team is tasked with adapting global GTM plays to specific countries and make identity a foundational technology for strategic customer initiatives across security, digital transformation, and IT modernisation in APAC.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build and lead a small team of Solutions PMMs that aligns to the strategic vision of Okta and the buyer personas we engage with throughout the sales cycle in APAC
- Partner with the Global Solutions Product Marketing team, APAC Sales, and the APAC Demand Gen team to align on a Solutions GTM strategy and tactics for success.
- Work alongside the extended Solutions Marketing team to understand the identity challenges of the world’s largest organizations, and how all of Okta products come together to solve those problems.
- Represent Okta externally as a thought leader on identity, and the critical role it plays in business transformation.
- Understand the buyer personas of our go-to-market motion in APAC, empathising with the business and technical challenges facing the CTO, CIO, CISO, and other security professionals, while testing our value proposition to emerging personas.
- Develop and implement solution messaging and positioning for Okta’s security suite of products that align to those business challenges.
- Champion solution positioning, strategic technology and channel partner engagement, validate market messaging, and evangelize Okta solutions offerings both internally and externally.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the security and access management market space, products and service offerings, including overall value proposition, features, functionality, competitive landscape and relevant use cases.
- Deliver key messages that enable our go-to-market teams to execute relevant strategic campaigns and programs.
- Create campaign and content strategy for security initiatives that result in pipeline for the sales organization.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 10+ years of product marketing or solutions marketing at a B2B SaaS company.
- 3+ years of experience managing a product or solutions marketing team.
- Strong written and verbal communication. We are looking for someone who has a track record of writing compelling papers and content to support PR and Demand Gen campaigns.
- Excellent presentation skills, having excelled at presenting to senior technology leaders (i.e. CIOs, CTOs, CISOs) within enterprises.
- Proven track record of marketing to a highly technical audience within large organizations. We’re looking for someone who can navigate technical security challenges and broader business pain points, and align them to a solution.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Passion for measurement, metrics and continuous improvement across the organization.
- Ability to drive complex, cross-functional projects without a proven playbook.
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.