Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Okta seeks a skilled public relations professional to manage Okta’s communications program in Germany. This is an opportunity to manage German PR programs, including media relations, corporate communications, thought leadership, executive communications, and internal communications.
You will report to Okta’s communications team in London, working closely with the broader communications team in EMEA and North America, senior executives, and local leaders. You’ll oversee the local agency and function as one of our EMEA regional communications hubs to raise brand awareness and manage corporate reputation. You will also work directly with the media to garner interest in our corporate, thought leadership, product, customer, and partner stories.
We work worldwide to influence the internal and external conversation about Okta, technology, identity, and security. As part of that, we engage with the press, analysts, the public, customers, partners, and employees.
- Manage Okta’s external and internal communications strategy in Germany.
- Educate users, press, bloggers, analysts, and influencers about Okta, its products, and its initiatives.
- Align with regional, corporate, and global strategy to drive awareness of Okta’s corporate, executive, product, and platform stories.
- Build and execute thought leadership in alignment with the key stakeholders in-country, across EMEA and the US.
- Develop bylines, press commentary, and keynotes in partnership with local executives and the global comms team.
- Oversee executive communications opportunities, including keynotes, media briefings, speaking engagements, and customer and partner activities.
- Manage Okta’s PR agency in Germany, PR goals, and PR reporting.
- Manage country-specific internal communications programs, including town halls.
The ideal candidate has:
- 7+ years of experience in public relations, agency, and/or corporate in-house;
- Experience with cloud, security, and/or identity and access management products preferred;
- Native German, fluent in English;
- Experience managing PR agencies and collaborating with/reporting with various stakeholders in EMEA and the US;
- Proven ability to partner with spokespeople on high business impact, key initiatives, and strategies;
- Ability to engage with senior executives and leadership teams with excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Excellent writing and editing capabilities;
- Strong research and analytical skills, with the ability to quickly identify trending topics and issues with a defined point of view;
- A focus on details and the ability to manage multiple high-profile projects and deliverables.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.