Title: Executive Assistant
Hiring Manager: Jason Luster
About the team
The Brand, Content & Creative team at Okta is a growing group within Marketing, composed of creatives, strategists, producers and marketing managers alike. Our team’s focus is to lead the brand, tell powerful stories and inspire creative excellence.
As a partner to cross-functional teams across all of Okta, we tie our goals to our most important company initiatives, driving towards shared KPIs, strategies and processes to unify and push the brand and business forward.
About the role
Okta is hiring an Executive Assistant to provide a wide array of administrative, logistical, and project-related support to our Brand, Content and Creative team VPs. As the right hand to our leads, you will be instrumental in ensuring the overall success of the team as well as the leadership. This is a key role in helping our VPs prioritize and manage their workflows, communications, and projects.
The right person has the ability to take initiative, is professional, quick, creative and motivated. They are dedicated to their leadership and larger organizational success, and have the foresight to stay steps ahead of the VPS and their team. As the front door to the leads, the right person is helpful, positive, and a problem solver, always resourceful and a calming presence.
What you will do
- Manage the daily schedule of the Brand, Creative & Content VPs; coordinate domestic and international travel and process expense reports
- Anticipate the executives’ needs and proactively assemble the appropriate people and resources to solve problems
- Provide support in the preparation for meetings inc. agenda setting, presentation building, and communications
- Build trusting, supportive cross-functional relationships with other executives, AAs, EAs and teams
- Field incoming requests; exercise strong judgment and discretion with highly confidential information
- Organize executive team’s email, notes, Google Drive, and other documents as necessary
- Lead, drive and execute on various team events, socials, offsite meetings, etc.
- Work cross-functionally to ensure communication is efficient and clear between teams
- Coordinate logistics for visitors
What experience you have
- Bachelor’s degree in business or relevant major
- 4+ years’ of relevant experience
- Previous experience supporting multiple executives at Sr. Director level and above
- Proven ability to interact in a professional manner with Customers, Prospects, Board Members, Investors and Internal Team
- Extensive experience working with material non-public information
- Unwavering integrity
- Experience with web-based scheduling and collaboration tools in a Mac environment; Proficient working with Google Workspace and MS office
- Extensive experience with arrangement of complex schedules and logistics across multiple time zones
- Ability to work on multiple projects, lead priorities and accurately set expectations
- Extraordinary time management skills and attention to detail
- Strong planning, organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to quickly learn new tools and technologies; Interest and experience in using technology and the Internet to improve work efficiency
- Expectation of complete confidentiality on all business matters
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of people and job functions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to remain energetic and positive in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit and desire for constant improvement
- Excellent common sense and ability to make appropriate judgment calls autonomously
- Dedicated with the ability to anticipate next steps
- High EQ; works well with a variety of personalities and embraces teamwork
Why you are excited about this role
- You love helping others and being the go-to person for leadership
- You want to help define and build team culture and camaraderie
- You enjoy building process and ways of working to support the team
Why we are excited about you
- You have a passion for people and building relationships
- You put kindness first, have a positive attitude and an infectious energy
- You are detail oriented, super organized, and love planning
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.