The Field CTO role within Okta is a high impact position focused on serving as an evangelist through strategic and industry events, supporting strategic sales opportunities, and working closely with prospects and existing customers to shape engineering and product priorities. You will be one of our thought leading technical experts, and are a well-rounded and well-regarded technologist at heart who has a deep understanding of the Identity & Access Management industry category and/or IT/Security adjacencies. This is a highly influential role and requires dynamic communications and presentation skills amongst varied audiences of both business and technology leaders. You are just as adept at engaging with the customer’s CISO as you are at working closely with internal product and engineering teams.
- Leverage industry knowledge and expertise to establish relationships with customer C-suite executives
- You are equally comfortable in both a business and technical context
- Strategic involvement in industry leadership events
- Drive thought leadership opportunities with marketing and field teams
- Be a trusted advisor for Okta’s product and engineering teams
- Collect, distill and communicate customer needs and product requirements to cross functional counterparts across product management, engineering, marketing and sales
- Work closely with Product Marketing and demand generation teams to spread awareness and support pipeline building via customer touch points (round tables, workshops, etc), conferences, strategic events, thought leadership blogs, webinars and
- Contribute to the creation of reference architectures, technical materials, best practices, etc. based on field experience to continue to up-level and enable our internal stakeholders
Experience & Skills
- 10+ years of product, technical marketing or pre-sales engineering experience
- 15+ years of experience in IT/security (ex: identity, web application development, security, risk and/or compliance, or IT infrastructure)
- Recent identity and/or cybersecurity experience in a relevant industry strongly preferred
- Ability to interact with and influence senior executives within the Global 2,000
- Experience in customer-facing roles explaining strategic and technical concepts
- Ability to act as an industry thought leader with customers, prospects and at industry events
- Ability to travel 50%+ of the time
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.