Okta’s Lifecycle Marketing team plays a critical role in accelerating Okta’s growth via strategic buying journeys designed to create trust and affinity for Okta as prospects and customers move through our sales funnel. As a part of global demand generation, Lifecycle Marketing is responsible for architecting programs that build pipeline, capture and extend interest signals to our sales teams, and feed our DG flywheel with experiments that are constantly looking to “one up” what is currently “best in show”. The prospect and customer experience is our north star and everything we do is in service of creating great buying experiences! One of the key parts of this customer experience is our Trial program and we are looking for a new leader!
As Free Trials Marketing Director you will be responsible for Okta’s IT (workforce identity) and Developer (customer identity) trials end-to-end. You will own the trial experience within the product and outside with a multi-channel nurture strategy that you will inherit and build upon. In this role you will be the single owner for all pipeline analysis and growth related to our trials and you will work closely with our analytics, sales development, and campaigns teams to inspect our trial experiences and find opportunities to improve the funnel flow. As Trials represent the first real-world experience that prospects have with Okta, getting that first impression—and creating a compelling customer experience while in a trial—is paramount. To achieve this, in your role as Free Trials Marketing Director you will collaborate with our web team to iterate on the Trial entry points, our product and experience teams on how the Trials look/work/feel, our product marketing team on feature messaging, our campaigns teams on Trial advertising, our sales development teams on how trial participants are flowing through the trials, and our customer marketing teams on the signals we can gain when a participate uses a trial. You will set the strategic framework and execute on these programs. If you get excited about building end-to-end buying experiences, guiding the direction of product Trials, and running a pipeline generating business, this might just be your perfect role!
As an ideal candidate you will have prior experience in campaign management, product management, and marketing/sales analytics. You will likely have been a campaigns or lifecycle marketeer who understands that journeys are not linear and that you must constantly be innovating on how to reach your audiences in the best way. You will be familiar with digital strategies (web, email, adverts, webinars, syndication, etc) and you will be able to own relationships in a cross-functional manner where you yield influence vs direct ownership to achieve results. When you have direct ownership, you will deeply know your business to be able to sit at our leadership table and provide real insights into how Trials perform and what results we should expect. You will have managed multiple work threads in the past, you will be passionate about product management, and you will be skilled at designing experiences that build pipeline and positive customer affinity.
The bar for this role is set high—as a Director you will own this business and work across multiple teams to achieve your, their, and our collective goals. Think you have what it takes? Get in touch today!
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Own the full funnel for our Trials (IT and Developer) including lead scoring for the trials from initial inquiry through marketing qualification, sales qualification, and on to pipeline.
- Execute on our existing lifecycle marketing strategy with regard to campaigns promoting our Free Trials while working to launch improved iterations using a multi-channel (not just email only) strategy.
- Build relationships within product management to guide our Free Trials from an experience lens and work with them to improve activation and usage of our trials without negative impacts to our ability to conduct marketing and sales activities.
- Collaborate with your teammates across marketing to educate on the value of Okta Trials and their performance
- Closely monitor—really audit—your programs and throw up the early warning flare when something is amiss or the early innovation flare when you think we can improve.
- Drive compliance programs globally for our trials alongside our marketing operations teammates. This is a global program and you will be expected to understand how we handle, capture, and use PII in the countries where we operate
- And finally, be a leader. As the Free Trials Marketing Director you directly own this program and all aspects. You will be looked to as the single point individual for insights and movement on how we improve this very critical function.
- Prior experience building successful multi-channel and integrated enterprise campaigns
- Prior experiences working with sales, sales development, or sales automation to craft localized messaging required
- 6+ years of overall industry experience; 4+ years of closely related experience
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree in a business, marketing or technical field preferred
- Strong leadership skills and executive presence to manage multiple stakeholders and programs at all levels of the organization
- Advanced proficiency with Excel, advanced marketing and reporting tools, and data sets
- Strong Salesforce administration skills in specialized campaign management, campaign member uploads, campaign scoring, and lead scoring models
- Strong data and analytical skills — using and interpreting data and analytics to quantify and improve marketing results
- Strong project management skills with an ability to create, execute, and adjust plans as needed
- A desire to have fun, work hard, and drive results for yourself and others
---Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.