Get to know Okta
Reporting into the Platform Product Marketing team, this Group Manager, Product Marketing, Channel Partners will lead a team responsible for our better together approach with key partners. In this highly strategic and cross-functional position, you will play a critical role as player-coach in the Okta journey - helping inform, inspire, empower, and grow our channel ecosystem.
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box, we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- GTM: Build product messaging in collaboration with Partner & Alliance team to align with Partner GTM strategy for system integrators, cloud service providers, managed service providers (MSPs), technology alliances, resellers and distributors. Collaborate with Alliance & Partner Marketing team to create KPIs and lead team to meet these goals for each partner type.
- Content: Own messaging, positioning, product launches, competitive positioning, and“day-to-day” product marketing support with these partners.
- Partner & Internal Sales Enablement: Communicate the joint value proposition of the Okta platform with these partners to internal field teams. Develop To-, Thru- and With-Partner sales tools that support the selling process, including sales training and demos.
- Voice of Partner: Understand the partners and their end-users. Build buyer personas and needs; be the expert on your partners, how to create win-win solutions. Act as the “Voice of the Partner” across all functions (i.e.Internal, sales, rest of PMM & marketing)
- Voice of Okta with Channel: Represent Okta at Partner events and conferences to strengthen the Okta brand among partners
- Analyst relations: Collaborate and support activities related to analyst relations that would include positioning Okta channel strategy and execution in various strategic surveys, interviews, and tradeshows.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 8+ years of product marketing and channel marketing experience for an enterprise IaaS or SaaS company or developer platform. Security & Identity background is a plus.
- Solid experience leading outbound product initiatives; passionate about selling to the enterprise through partners.
- Experience in leading and building a team of rockstar channel product marketers.
- Experience leading product marketing at a specialized business unit, collaborating with matrixed generalist marketing, sales, and partner organizations.
- Creative energy, building new playbooks, and bringing out of the box thinking.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills, including extensive public speaking experience.
- Comfort working in a very cross-functional role with a highly distributed team
- Familiarity with Okta technology or Identity and Access Management is preferred, but not required.
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
#LI-RemoteThe annual base salary range for this position for candidates located in the San Francisco Bay area is between: $175,000—$245,000 USD
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.