The JAPAC Demand Centre marketing team is expanding at Okta. The Email Marketing Specialist role is vital to support Okta’s rapidly growing Marketing organisation by ensuring we have the Marketo expertise in-house to effectively and efficiently implement email programs in JAPAC.
We need an email specialist who knows how to use cutting-edge marketing platforms to deliver high quality email programs that are relevant to our JAPAC audiences.
The successful candidate will program manage the email channel which will involve working with field marketing managers and the Demand Centre marketing team to schedule, build and scale campaigns across JAPAC.
You will be responsible for the execution and Q&A of campaigns, as well as post-campaign analysis and reporting. You’ll report to and work closely with the Growth Programs Senior Manager on the overarching emails comms strategy, email build methodology, design and optimisation.
As part of this you will also understand the business and marketing objectives behind the email campaigns and play an active role in optimisation and increasing yield from the email channel.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Demand Centre leaders and Regional Marketing managers to develop best practice email marketing programs in Marketo
- Work with internal teams and external agencies to discuss target audience, content, templates, goals, timelines and success metrics
- Manage and prioritise campaign requests from the regional marketing team, clarifying requirements to drive optimal effectiveness and customer experience
- Ensure marketing programs align with JAPAC campaigns, PR/Comms and provide relevant communications to our prospect and customer database segments
- Build, test & execute JAPAC Marketo email campaigns that are on time, and sent to the correct audience without any functionality errors
- Collaborate with marketing operations colleagues globally to optimise programs according to best practice
- Recommend and make process improvements to campaign build and execution process based on insights and best practices
- Participate in the development of the quarterly email marketing strategy covering program schedule, email testing and optimisation, and setting strategy to increase yield from the email channel
- Work with Growth Programs Senior Marketing Manager to build and maintain always-on marketing nurture programs designed to increase velocity through the sales funnel
- Streamline email program scaling across JAPAC including content translation and Marketo campaign setup in English and non-English countries
- Monitor ongoing campaign execution and performance against agreed metrics
- Stay up to date with new technologies, industry standards and emerging trends in personalisation & Marketing Automation
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Strong experience working in JAPAC within agency or client-side
- Strong email program management skills, from brief to execution and optimisation
- Strong knowledge of best practice email marketing in JAPAC
- Strong interpersonal and proactive problem-solving skills
- Highly self-motivated, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Flexible & adaptable with the ability to work under pressure, juggle multiple projects and requests to meet deadlines, whilst maintaining very high attention to detail
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
TECHNOLOGY SKILLS REQUIRED
- 3+ years email marketing experience in Marketo
- Ability to understand stakeholder goals and how to construct them in an efficient and scalable way in Marketo including workflows, list segmentation, always-on nurture and batch email campaigns
- Marketing experience, particularly understanding of campaign setup and process improvement
- Good knowledge of email compliance legislation (e.g. CAN-SPAM, GDPR, CASL)
- Strong experience with HTML and Adobe Photoshop
- Proven ability to run projects, prioritise and delegate tasks in a complex team environment, with minimal supervision
- Familiarity with managing email content and copy in multiple languages (specifically English, Japanese and Korean)
- (Desirable) Marketo certification is a plus
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.