Okta is seeking a skilled manager of public relations to lead Okta’s EMEA public relations program.
This is an opportunity to lead the UK + EMEA PR programs, B2B public relations, corporate communications and executive communications.
This is a high-profile role, with the opportunity to shape Okta’s EMEA PR narrative, and work closely with a senior executive on issues that are central to the company.
You will report into Okta’s communications team in San Francisco, and work hand-in-hand with Okta’s EMEA senior executives. You’ll manage our UK PR agency, which also functions as our EMEA regional PR hub to raise awareness about Okta, create press stories, press commentary, keynotes, and bylines. You will also work directly those local agencies, and with the media to garner interest in our corporate, product and partner stories.
The Okta communications team ensures that everyone knows, loves and shares the Okta story. We work around the world to shape the internal and external conversation about Okta, technology, identity, security, the cloud, and we engage with press, analysts, the public, customers and employees.
- Educate press and other influencers about Okta
- Work closely with the US PR team to develop PR narratives + campaigns
- Oversee Okta’s fast-paced EMEA press office
- Manage Okta’s UK agency and local hub, as well as agencies across various regions
- Secure participation from customers and partners in a variety of PR activities ranging from media to events
- Build reporter relationships and pitch stories in partnership with PR agency
- Assist the US team with internal communications in EMEA
- Set and attain EMEA PR goals, managing UK + EMEA PR reporting
- Manage ongoing executive communications opportunities including media briefings, speaking engagements, and customer and partner activities
- Develop bylines, press commentary and keynotes in partnership with executives and the US PR team
The ideal candidate has:
- Demonstrated success and experience in PR, media, or corporate communications experience
- Experience managing UK + EMEA PR agencies and collaborating with/reporting to US headquarters
- Established UK tech + business media relationships
- Solid understanding of cloud technologies and/or security
- Strong, clear writing style and excellent editing skills
- Strong research and analytical skills, with the ability to quickly identify trending topics and issues with a defined point of view
- A focus on details and the ability to manage multiple, high-profile projects and deliverables
- Ability to engage with senior executives and leadership teams with excellent written and verbal communications skills
- BS/BA degree or equivalent required
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.