Okta is seeking a Product Communications Manager to sit within the Product Communications organization and shape the Okta Workforce Identity narrative; telling product, customer, partner, and thought leadership stories around workforce identity use cases and personas.
The ideal candidate has a foundational understanding of enterprise cloud technology, a desire to seek out compelling product and tech-driven storylines, and a talent for taking the complex and making it compelling. This is a role for someone who wants to continue to evolve and build Okta’s leading workforce identity story, strategizing the most impactful ways to make news, and executing on bringing each story to life. This is a broad mandate across a range of products and use cases.
Candidates should be seasoned writers with a knack for making the complex digestible, thriving in a dynamic, high growth environment and moving quickly to identify the strategies, sources, and mediums to tell Okta’s story. Candidates should be comfortable collaborating across the organization and working with technical stakeholders from engineers to executives.
Candidates must have a proven track record of telling compelling product stories, crafting engaging narratives, building processes, cultivating relationships, and driving results. This position will report to the Director of Product Communications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Become a core stakeholder alongside Product Management (PM) and Product Marketing (PMM) in WF product roadmap timelines, understanding the significance of capability launches across workforce identity personas (CIO’s, CISO’s, IT admins, etc.)
- Determine the size, strategy, and communications execution approach for WF product innovations.
- Working with PMM and Product Comms, develop a launch process with a strong communications and media relations component, along with a customer feedback loop for message pull-through analysis.
- Be the product and leadership-facing internal voice of the external world, summarizing the key themes across the technology, business, and societal landscape that impacts or intersects with Okta, identity, and its workforce identity priorities.
- Maintain thought leadership themes, positions and topics to engage on for Okta executives within the product and C-suite ranks.
- Work alongside the Technology Partner team to determine strategic WF-focused partnerships and initiatives, providing communications counsel and support for initiatives.
- Manage WF-specific speaking and awards calendars and opportunities, raising the profile of Okta WF and its product leaders.
- Working with Customer Communications and Customer Marketing, develop customer reference bench across personas (IT admins up to CIOs) and use cases for WF.
- Contribute to and drive analyst report content surrounding WF marketing activities and efforts, partner with AR team around storytelling and narratives for WF products and vision.
- Maintain and update a set of publicly referenceable Okta WF stats to be shared with media.
- Drive a data storytelling approach around Okta product adoption, usage, etc. Contribute significantly to data reports and media strategies.
- BA/BS in Communications or Public Relations preferred; BA/BS in Journalism or Political Science also accepted;
- Experience working on enterprise cloud technologies required, IAM preferred;
- Agency and in-house experience preferred;
- Demonstrated success in technology storytelling through third party publications or owned corporate mediums;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while multitasking, re-prioritizing projects and communicating priority updates to stakeholders;
- Ability to collaborate with all levels of employees, including senior leaders;
- Highly motivated self-starter with experience sourcing stories;
- 6-8 years of experience in communications, public relations, or content creation preferred;
- Strong communication, presentation, and executive presence skills;
- Strong critical thinking and team-first mentality.
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum salary of $117,000/year + bonus, commission, or variable comp (depending on role) + equity + benefits)
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.