Role Description: Okta’s the market leading identity platform for enterprises and consumer products alike. The largest companies in the world trust Okta to provide tangible value to their business while solving their most pressing problems. As part of our commitment to deliver customer value, we’ve built an in-house team of value-focused product marketers and field-facing consultants who work hand-in-hand with customers to identify, quantify, and demonstrate Okta’s impact back to their organizations.
We are looking to grow our team with a talented PMM to tell the story of how Okta delivers tangible business benefits to its existing customer base. You will be responsible for building the frameworks, messaging, tools, and metrics underpinning our business value realization initiatives. These assets will be used collectively across Okta’s post-sales organizations to assess and measure the value of existing customer deployments. The role is highly cross-functional, requiring close collaboration with stakeholders in the customer success, renewals, marketing, product, enablement, and sales functions.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work alongside Customer Marketing to identify, capture, and publish voice-of-the-customer success stories showcasing value achieved with Okta
- Partner with Customer Success to instill value realization capabilities and best practices across our post-sales practice, including:
- Performing initial account alignment on desired business outcomes with Okta and key KPIs for measuring value achieved / success
- Documenting key business challenges, ‘as is’ environment and ‘to be’ processes
- Measuring, tracking, and reporting on realized customer benefits
- Supporting ongoing customer touchpoints to ensure we meet and exceed desired business outcomes
- Build and maintain value-realization tools that measure benefits, ROI, and TCO for deployed customers
- Own and maintain a central repository of customer value metrics achieved with Okta
- Develop messaging and metrics articulating the value proposition of Okta Customer First services
- Partner with Renewals to develop the business case for product, use case, and/or usage expansion
- Create and publish business value-focused marketing content, such as industry benchmark reports and whitepapers highlighting customer results achieved with Okta
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 5+ years of professional experience, preferably in product marketing, value-consulting, or a customer-facing support role
- SaaS or Enterprise software experience with a proven track record marketing to or supporting a technical audience
- Ability to articulate technical concepts clearly and concisely with very strong written, verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to drive complex, cross-functional projects without a proven playbook
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with a passion for measurement and metrics, proficiency in building ROI & TCO financial models a plus (but not required)
- Bachelor's Degree in a financial or technical field OR equivalent work experience, MBA a plus
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.