Position Description: Okta is looking for a Public Sector Marketing Manager to manage field / regional events, programs and campaigns specifically targeting the US Federal vertical. In partnership with the Director of Public Sector Marketing, sales and the broader marketing team, this person will be responsible for contributing to the overall public sector marketing strategy; planning and executing field / regional events, programs and campaigns that align to ‘go-to-market plays and are selected to meet pipeline/ revenue goals.
The Public-Sector Marketing Manager role is an opportunity to make a key contribution, working across business areas and vertical markets to develop unique customer and prospect experiences that drive business impact.
The ideal candidate must be a results-oriented marketer that gets things done- a roll up your sleeves type of person who is skilled and competent in both strategy and execution. The role will require proven ability to effectively work and collaborate with cross-functional internal teams, including sales, marketing and operations, as well as external partners and vendors.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build strategic marketing plans that align Okta solutions with federal market drivers and incorporate various tactics, including various field / regional events, digital programs and campaigns designed to contribute to annual pipeline goals and support sales achievement of revenue objectives.
- Execute on public sector marketing strategy- define, project manage and execute to event program goals, messaging, tactics, audience generation/email campaigns, speaker plan, collateral, on site execution, post-show leads processing & follow-up, and other logistics.
- Monitor and facilitate lead funnel management across all activities, and report program results to all stakeholders.
- Manage the creation of various marketing content products that align to federal market drivers, customer needs and Okta solutions.
- Oversee fulfillment house inventory, maintenance and distribution of regional event properties, promotional items and collateral for sales & field events.
- Work closely with strategic field alliance and technology partners to build joint marketing programs and execute co-branded tactics that support public sector strategy and annual revenue goals.
- Effectively work cross-functionally with Okta teams to include sales, sales development representatives, marketing, operations, alliances, PR, legal, and procurement to efficiently and effectively execute plans and achieve goals.
- Clearly communicate public sector marketing strategy, activities, goals and outcomes to all stakeholders, as well as other internal cross-functional teams.
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience in building strategic marketing plans for high performance federal sales organizations
- Strong history of campaign, program and even creation, management and execution from start to finish, including predicting, measuring and reporting of success metrics/business impact.
- Ability to plan strategically while also executing tactically
- 6-8 years of experience marketing to US Federal, State & Local Government, or Education IT audience.
- Experience planning and co-marketing with strategic reseller, distribution and technology partners.
- Budget Management to include all aspects of pre-event procurement and post-event reconciliation.
- A proven track record of executing complex event programs with varied stakeholders, multiple product lines, and representing various cross teams within the organization.
- Project management it include budgets, venue selection, vendor sourcing and management, project plan, event show flow, promotion and registration, content development, on-site management.
- Master of multi-tasking, prioritization, and timelines
- Experience with sales and marketing automation systems – Salesforce and Marketo, preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Thrives in rapid growth, fast paced environment and adapts well to change
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Some travel will be required
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work