We're looking for a driven sales development leader to manage our Enterprise East Sales Development team. The ideal candidate is passionate about people and pipeline.
Sales Development at Okta is a specialized team focused on the Top of the Funnel built to generate repeatable quality pipeline. We are a team of trustworthy, high performing, productive, and motivated individuals, where the work is meaningful and achievements are recognized. We operate in a fast paced, innovative environment in hyper growth mode.
In this highly visible role, you will lead a team of sales development representatives who are responsible for both inbound lead processing as well as cold outbound outreach. You’ll collaborate with Sales, Demand Generation, Recruiting, HR, Sales Enablement and Operations teams to develop our people while achieving amazing results.
We believe in hiring outstanding professionals and give them the autonomy to run their own business. We invest in our people by providing them training, professional development and access to the best tools and technology in the industry. We value innovation and welcome new ideas.
What you’ll do
- Develop your team’s quarterly plan to meet/exceed pipeline targets
- Hire and onboard new Sales Development Representatives, who are often young professionals earlier in their career
- Develop your team’s skills for outbound prospecting, qualifying, and Opportunity creation
- Provide your team with regular coaching, feedback, and professional development
- Closely monitor metrics and KPIs with the aim to increase productivity
- Work closely with sales managers and account executives to ensure proper alignment on account coverage, target personas, opportunity quality and SDR to AE hand-off
- Articulate the business value of Okta, and maintain in-depth knowledge of the Okta platform, our competitors, and industry trends
What you’ll bring
- A sincere interest in people and the solutions to their problems
- Energy, can-do attitude, and proven drive for results
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and conflict resolution skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to make data driven decisions
- Strategic thinking with ability to roll up sleeves and execute
- Expertise in using Salesforce.com (other sales development tools/methodologies is a plus)
- Proven ability to effectively hire and train new people
- Effective presentation and listening skills
- Comfort working in fast-paced environments and ability to operate with some level of ambiguity
- Minimum 2 years directly managing a team of SDR/BDRs (B2B startup/growth-stage experience highly preferred)
- Experience prospecting or selling into Enterprise accounts
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.