Okta is seeking a skilled public relations professional to lead Okta’s security and crisis communications program. This is an opportunity to lead both proactive security storytelling as well as play a pivotal role in Okta’s crisis communications, including media relations, thought leadership, and executive communications.
You will report into Okta’s corporate communications and content team in San Francisco and work hand-in-hand with Okta’s senior security executives and regional leaders. You will own proactive security communications and drive crisis communications processes to both solidify Okta’s reputation as a security company and protect Okta’s brand. You will work hand-in-hand with key internal stakeholders as well as external agencies.
The Okta communications team ensures that everyone knows, loves and shares the Okta story. We work around the world to influence the internal and external conversation about Okta, technology, identity, and security. As part of that, we engage with press, analysts, the public, customers, partners and employees.
- Drive Security Thought Leadership
- Mine proactive storylines through engagements with internal stakeholders
- Take part in bi-weekly meetings with Security Thought Leadership team
- Own data-driven storytelling
- Develop clear security-related processes around data reporting and disclosures
- Create consensus and scalable processes
- Develop clear metric reporting
- Manage crisis communications approach across customer, partner, press audiences
- Add scalability to current processes and improve global reporting and measurement of responses
Required skills/experience (what you’ve accomplished)
- Experience in public relations is a must;
- Experience in security, cloud technologies, and crisis communications is a must;
- Experience working with global businesses is a must;
- Experience with identity and access management products is strongly preferred;
- 8+ years of experience in public relations, agency and corporate in-house mix preferred;
- Proven ability to adapt to crisis situations and manage communications
- Ability to engage with senior executives and leadership teams with excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent writing and editing capabilities
- Strong research and analytical skills, with the ability to quickly identify trending topics and issues with a defined point of view
- A focus on details and the ability to manage multiple, high-profile projects and deliverables
- BS/BA degree or equivalent required
Okta is an equal opportunity employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.