The Marketing Insights & Strategy team acts as an internal strategic consultant to the various functional teams in Marketing (Campaigns, Events, Regional, Digital, etc.). As a member of this team, you'll be responsible for building a deep understanding of our marketing data, extracting insights, and helping guide teams in their decision making.
Specifically, the Senior Analyst role will be responsible for:
- Identifying trends and working with marketing and sales to determine root causes and recommend actions
- Helping build out and maintain our suite of Tableau dashboards
- Enabling marketing team members to look at and understand our marketing data in a consistent way
- Collaborating with our Marketing Operations and Business Technology teams to ensure data flowing through our backend systems is clean, and helping manage new data projects (e.g. new datasources, new fields).
Skills & Qualifications:
- 2+ years in an operations or analytical role within a B2B marketing or sales team
- Experience with the tools that create and house our data:
- Salesforce: strong understanding of objects & fields, dashboards & reports
- Tableau or other analysis / business intelligence tools
- Moderate SQL query abilities (the Data Warehouse team manages complex data sets, but this will speed you up)
- Exceptional quantitative and MS Excel skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Good analytics work is often more about narrative and context setting than just the raw numbers – you have the ability to tell a story with numbers
- Curiosity and a natural desire to understand an issue holistically
Additional skills we value:
- On-the-ground marketing experience -- e.g. you’ve run email campaigns, managed a website, built ads programs, or something similar.
- Deeper familiarity with marketing models for: CPL, ROI, attribution, buyer’s lifecycle, etc.
- Knowledge of the GTM motion for enterprise IT
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.
((Colorado, New York City, Washington only*) Minimum salary of $103,000 /year + bonus + equity + benefits)