Okta is seeking an exceptional leader and visionary to help tell the story of Okta in our next stage of growth. As Senior Director of Content, Social, and Editorial, you’ll work closely with our Chief Digital Officer to develop and implement a differentiated brand voice; lead all copywriting, editing, and customer-facing content activity across the business and all media. We’re looking to transform our in-house marketing team into a world-class content creation machine that will be the envy of the industry.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop the content strategy and messaging framework for each persona, as well as messaging for different stages in the customer journey.
- Hires, coaches, mentors and develops the best talent in the world.
- Develops a content calendar and the capacity to build engaging content aligned with our campaign and PR strategies.
- Works closely with our Executive Creative Director and Okta Creative Studio on the design, development, and deployment of corporate storytelling and creative content delivered through digital channels to both internal and external audiences. Develops communication that appeals to a broad audience with very different agendas and preferences.
- Translate product features into meaningful content that resonates with our customers.
- Review all digital content to ensure that it maintains a cohesive brand voice and style, including imagery, design, video, and social assets
- Push the business to adopt better content creation practices through frequent testing of new content formats and distribution channels, including championing the increased use of data visualization.
- Constantly test and search out new ideas and channels using data-driven creativity.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 15+ years of creative content experience; preferably in the technology industry with 7+ years of direct leadership experience
- A strong understanding of both organic and paid social media, including platforms, trends, and targeting approaches
- Proactively reporting on the impact of content by measuring its influence on traffic acquisition, lead generation, account engagement, and other key metrics.
- Copyediting expert with best-in-class standards for editorial quality and attention to detail
- A creative and editorial mindset to craft compelling copy, messages and content that educates, inspires, persuades, and engages customers, prospects, and partners
- Experience working cross-functionally with product marketing teams, PR, brand, and creative agencies.
- Excellent organizational, managerial, and project management skills
- Results-oriented; proven ability to prioritize, drive and achieve results through self and others under time pressure.
- Experience in Google Analytics, Heap, WordPress, Tableau.
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.