The Senior Director of the Corporate Marketing APAC will be responsible for overseeing the team responsible for the management and execution of APAC-wide integrated field and digital demand programs that can be executed at scale (e.g. email programs, nurture programs, webcasts, content syndication, display, paid social and more) working in close collaboration with Okta’s Global Demand and Marketing Operations teams. He or she will be expected to take a service approach to the roll-out of programs and campaigns across APAC. The Director of the APAC Corporate Marketing will be accountable to the field marketing functions for the delivery of inquiries and qualified leads against pre-agreed targets, and to the Sales Leadership teams for the delivery of qualified pipeline against quotas. This role reports directly to the Vice President of APAC Marketing.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Lead and cultivate executive-level relationships with sales leaders and other business stakeholders with the goal of developing and embedding marketing strategies that exceed underlying business objectives
- Manage and drive joint planning with the Field Marketing and Regional Marketing Managers to scope and define demand program requirements (e.g. targeting, persona segmentation, prioritization, relevance, origination, nurturing)
- Optimise and standardise scaled-up demand creation approaches across regional teams and the broader Okta organisation
- Establish a process to roll out unified campaigns across APAC to ensure consistency and brand impact
- Partner with the Marketing Operations function to execute on consistent reporting requirements, lead process flows, marketing automation and digital best practices
- Create and maintain data-driven frameworks to track program success and drive continuous improvement during and post-execution
- Collaborate and support Field Marketing teams in their efforts to generate new leads and progress existing pipeline
- Be responsible for the implementation of best practices for data acquisition as part of the demand creation process
- Manage an internal team of campaign specialists, external vendors, and budget to accomplish goals
- Create standard tools and assets that can be leveraged by the Sales Development team including call scripts, follow-up emails, and curated collaterals including industry analyst papers, on-demand/virtual seminars, white papers, customer testimonials, etc.
- Align with Global and Regional Product Marketing functions to ensure campaign and asset messages reflect and are aligned to company messages and brand requirements
- Provide regular and timely communication to all APAC Sales and Marketing functions of the demand generation programs being executed and assets that can be leveraged across the wider ecosystem within Okta
- Work in-conjunction with APAC sales and business development functions to optimise opportunity conversion and drive progression through the end-to-end pipeline process
- Develop and manage the marketing budget across owned programs, measuring and optimising marketing investment to ensure activities are effective and realise expected ROI
- Be an integral partner to the Global Marketing functions; ensuring the effective implementation of global campaigns as well as providing input on local market messaging and program requirements.
- Provide strategic guidance to Field Marketing teams on overall go-to-market priorities and develop feedback processes to determine regional program success
- Develop a culture of on-going innovation through best-practice sharing and regular field marketing interlocks to ensure business and marketing objectives are met
- Minimum of 18 years in Marketing roles / experience
- A strong leader that is both creative and detail oriented. Preferably from the Tech industry.
- Someone who is collaborative and proactively engages and seeks feedback from stakeholders
- Someone who is strategic, analytical and can create objective driven planning and reporting
- A strong project manager with excellent written and oral communications skills
- The highest degree of integrity, credibility, and good judgement
- A highly motivated leader, with proven track record of success
- Demonstrated ability to compete and win
- Strong execution and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Background & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university and/or 18+ more years developing and executing strategic lead generation and nurture strategy
- in a B2B technology environment
- Experience across APAC including working with non english speaking regions
- Previous project management at either a marketing agency or within an internal shared service function
- Management of communications to multiple complex stakeholder groups at a local, regional, national and international scale
- Has previously selected/overseen creative and demand creation agencies
- Multi-touch, multi-dimensional marketing program design, creation and implementation
- Campaign testing strategies
- Demand waterfall processes and metrics (e.g. lead scoring, service-level agreements, lead sourced/influenced ratios)
- Marketing automation (Theoretic knowledge of Eloqua or Marketo is essential)
- Budget Management
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.