Okta Single Sign-on, Okta Universal Directory and Okta Lifecycle Management are the core products of the Okta Identity Cloud and the foundation for nearly every Okta deployment, from 10 employee small businesses to global Fortune 500 enterprises. The Senior Director of Product Product Marketing for IT Products will be responsible for driving revenue growth and customer retention of these products, working collaboratively across sales, marketing and product management teams.
Product marketing at Okta is responsible for go-to-market strategy and planning, messaging and positioning, compete strategy and content and pricing and packaging. Product marketing also provides critical support and enablement for the sales team, and provides content and direction for sales enablement, demand generation, customer marketing and AR and PR teams. Through heavy cross-functional collaboration, product marketing is a central hub that connects the entire go-to-market organization, and provides the critical linkage to product management and engineering.
- Product Ownership: Identify marketing strategies for growth, manage the marketing mix and enable the sales team for the core IT products (Okta Single Sign-on, Okta Universal Directory and Okta Lifecycle Management) across all personas, use cases and solutions. Provide support for selling these products across the GTM organization and to all sales functions, including technical sales engineers, account executives and the sales development team.
- Solution Ownership: Define and evolve the most compelling solutions for IT personas (e.g. CIO, Director of Identity, Enterprise Architect). The Okta Identity Cloud is one set of products with many solutions. This leader will deeply understand the IT personas, build compelling value propositions, and enable the organization to sell to this audience.
- IT Products Pricing: Okta IT Products pricing is how we sell the entire Identity Cloud (including Adaptive MFA and API Access Management) for internal user use cases. This leader will manage the overall structure of IT Products pricing.
- Business Value Program: Okta has invested heavily in content, tools and processes to demonstrate the ROI and TCO of Okta to both prospects and customers. This leader will manage this function, working collaboratively across product marketing teams to incorporate the entire value proposition of the Okta Identity Cloud and lead enabling the sales team on using the available tools.
- Feedback to Product Management: Represent the voice of the customer, deeply understand how the product is used by customers and understand sales dynamics to provide guidance back to product management on roadmap priorities that would help the business.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 10+ years of product marketing experience for an enterprise-focused software, SaaS, or web services company.
- Experience marketing to CIO and other IT personas and consistent record of marketing to a highly technical audience. You are comfortable working with and marketing to technical buyers within enterprises.
- A background in identity and access management, other security products or other technical IT software infrastructure. This includes hands-on technical experience (e.g. deploying software, building demos, customizing software or writing code).
- Ability to lead and inspire a team of top-tier product marketing professionals. This will be a team management position.
- World-class written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Real passion for measurement, metrics and continuous improvement across the organization.
- Project management skills, can handle multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field. MBA a plus.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.