Okta’s EMEA Marketing team is looking for an experienced Partner Marketing leader to lead a small team and be responsible for developing and executing partner-focused programs and communications to support our partner community.
In broad terms, the Partner Marketing Senior Manager will be expected to create programs, tools and processes that will help drive demand either for or in conjunction with partners, and helping these partners to sell more successfully.
The mission of the EMEA Partner Marketing Programs Senior Manager is to create best in class through partner demand generation programs in collaboration with the EMEA Field Marketing functions. These will include incentives, campaign kits, tools, content as well as the on-going management of partner marketing tools and systems such as our Partner Intranet, and our MDF platform.
He or she will be expected to demonstrate exceptional collaborative skills, as well as excellent project management skills. A strong analytical mind is essential to this role, as the Partner Marketing Senior Manager will be required to work collaboratively with the field marketing leaders to measure, track and demonstrate ROI from all programs and demonstrate their impact on Okta’s channel marketing goals.
The Partner Marketing Senior Manager will be expected to take a service approach to the roll-out of channel ready demand programs and campaigns across EMEA and will be accountable to the field marketing functions for the delivery of the programs, services, tools, systems and processes needed by the field. In return, the field marketing functions will be accountable to the EMEA Partner Marketing function for the execution of activities against pre-agreed targets and KPIs.
This role reports to the Senior Director of EMEA Field Marketing
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Collaborate with the Field Marketing leaders and the Partner GTM leaders, to scope demand program requirements (e.g. targeting, prioritisation, relevance), budget, resource needs and delivery timeframes
- Develop creative, marketing programs that build pipeline with relevant and eligible partners in Okta’s ecosystem
- Analyse program results against EMEA jointly owned targets and make recommendations for future improvements
- Provide regular reporting on Development Fund Usage and provide actionable guidance to improve fund usage
- Take ownership for EMEA of the overall Marketing Development Fund process, systems and enablement
- Work closely with the Global Partner Marketing teams to support the role out of major initiatives such as Product Launches and Global Campaigns, and Okta Partner Events.
- Work closely with the Partner Enablement team to ensure we have appropriate enablement programs to deliver against our objectives
- Take ownership of the planning, development and execution of Okta’s flagship Partner events in EMEA. This will include owning partner related content, securing sponsorship, ensuring partner attendance against targets and the execution of partner specific activities at those events.
- Develop and maintain an effective partner lead management processes
- Take ownership of EMEA partner communications content and work closely with Global Partner functions to execute these communications through a variety of means and tactics
- Track and report on all EMEA partner marketing programs against specific targets and KPIs
Technology Skills Required
- Marketing automation (Theoretic knowledge of Marketo is useful)
- Sales force automation (Expert campaign management knowledge within SalesForce.com is a must, and working knowledge of reporting also important)
- Partner Relationship Manager/Fund Management (Knowledge of PERKS is a distinct advantage)
- Resource management (e.g. Box)
- Business intelligence tools (Working knowledge of Tableau)
- Deal Registration tools (Excellent knowledge of Best Practice Deal Registration Processes)
Background & Experience Required
- 5 or more years developing and executing strategic channel marketing programs in a b-to-b environment
- Five or more years within regional/field marketing
- Management of communications to multiple complex stakeholder groups at a local, regional, national and international scale
- Has previously selected/overseen creative and demand creation agencies
- Multi-touch, multi-dimensional marketing program design, creation and implementation
- Demand waterfall processes and metrics
- Someone who is collaborative and proactively engages and seeks feedback from stakeholders
- Someone who is strategic, analytical and can create objective-driven planning and reporting
- A strong project manager with excellent written and oral communications skills
- Excellent team player, strong influencer, with a ‘let’s make it happen’ attitude
- Business orientated marketer, capable of linking strategy to execution
- Experience of working in an Enterprise software or Cloud/SAAS company
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.