Okta is seeking a skilled, driven Senior Manager, Employee Communications to oversee Okta’s employee communications strategy to keep employees informed, aligned, and connected to our company vision, values, and business priorities. This role will interact with senior leaders and key stakeholders across Okta, and have the opportunity to have a significant impact on the employee experience and the future of Okta. You will report to Okta's Director of Employee and Executive Communications, and work with our quickly-growing Global Communications team.
- Lead the employee communications program, driving engagement and inspiring Okta’s global employee base.
- Develop and execute strategic employee-centric communications programs, initiatives, and content that drive employee engagement and reinforce culture.
- Develop rich, relevant content; keeps communications fresh, creative, and engaging.
- Measure employee engagement through various tools, analytics, and survey results.
- Explore new ideas and strategies to constantly elevate communications.
- Provide strategic input on messaging and positioning to ensure corporate narratives are engaging and aligned with our desired tone and values.
- Become an Okta messaging expert with the ability to simply express complex narratives.
- Serve as the Executive Communications partner for Okta’s Chief People Officer, supporting internal and external leadership communications (inc. emails, speaking engagements, keynotes, videos, etc.).
- Partner with the Global Communications team, key execs, cross-functional groups, and agencies to communicate key initiatives, long-term goals, and progress.
- Manage two direct reports.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in employee/internal communications
- Experience working directly with C-level executives and SVPs; ability to engage with and influence senior executives and leadership teams with gravitas
- A detail-oriented approach, with the ability to manage multiple, high-profile projects and deliverables
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while multitasking, re-prioritizing projects and communicating priority updates to stakeholders
- Strong critical thinking, a growth mindset, and team-first mentality
- An understanding of Okta’s business and experience working with cloud companies
- A detail-oriented, analytical approach, with the ability to manage multiple, high-profile projects and deliverables
- A strong, clear writing style and voice, with excellent writing and editing skills
- BS/BA degree
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.