Okta is looking for a strong Senior Marketing Manager to strategically execute and manage field programs and campaigns specifically targeting US State & Local government and Higher Education organizations. In partnership with the Public Sector Marketing leader, sales, alliances and the cross functional marketing team, this person will be responsible for quarterbacking and executing strategies to meet/exceed quarterly and annual pipeline goals.
The Sr. SLED Marketing Manager role is an opportunity to make a key contribution, working across business units to develop unique customer and prospect experiences that drive business impact. The ideal candidate must be a results-oriented marketer that gets things done- a roll up your sleeves type of person. The role will require proven ability to effectively work and collaborate with cross-functional internal teams, including sales, marketing and operations, as well as external partners and vendors. It’s critical this person understands the state & local landscape.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build strategic marketing plans that incorporate various field / regional events, programs and campaigns designed to contribute to annual pipeline goals and support sales achievement of revenue and pipeline objectives.
- Execute on marketing strategy- define, project manage and execute to event program goals, messaging, tactics, audience generation/email campaigns, speaker plan, collateral, on-site execution, post-show leads processing & follow-up, and other logistics.
- Monitor and facilitate lead funnel management across all activities, and report program results to all stakeholders.
- Oversee inventory, maintenance and distribution of regional event properties, promotional items and collateral for sales & field events.
- Work closely with strategic field alliance and technology partners to execute joint marketing programs and co-branded tactics that support public sector strategy and annual revenue goals.
- Effectively work cross-functionally with teams across Okta to include field sales, SDRs, marketing, operations, alliances, PR, legal, and procurement to efficiently and effectively execute plans and achieve goals.
- Clearly communicate SLED marketing strategy, plans, goals and outcomes to all stakeholders, as well as other internal cross-functional teams.
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience in program, event creation and campaign management to include measuring and reporting of success metrics/business impact.
- Ability to plan strategically while also executing tactically
- 5-7 years of experience marketing to SLED audience.
- Experience planning and co-marketing with strategic reseller, distribution and or technology partners.
- Budget Management to include all aspects of pre-event procurement and post-event reconciliation.
- A proven track record of complex event programs with varied stakeholders, multiple product lines, and representing various cross teams within the organization.
- Oversee event management including budgets, venue selection, vendor sourcing and management, project plan, event show flow, promotion and registration, content development, on-site management.
- Master of multi-tasking, prioritization, and timelines
- Experience with sales and marketing automation systems – Salesforce and Marketo, preferred Clari, Demandbase, a bonus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Thrives in rapid growth, fast paced environment and adapts well to change
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- This position requires the ability to access federal environments and/or have access to protected federal data. As a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate must be able to submit documentation establishing U.S. Person status (e.g. a U.S. Citizen, National, Lawful Permanent Resident, Refugee, or Asylee. 22 CFR 120.15) upon hire.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.