The Senior UX Strategist role at Okta is a multi-faceted position. Your focus will be owning and optimizing areas within Okta’s digital UX approach and implementation with our online presence and product suite to showcase Okta’s superior offerings and benefits - not only to our customers and potential customers, but for our industry at large.
Reporting to the Director of Digital UX and Strategy, you will join a team of experts in the digital space with the common goal of disseminating Okta’s innovative solutions with a focus on UX consistency and best-in-class, user-first experiences.
Who you are:
You are a self-starter and always looking to innovate and build upon current and new user experience processes and methods.
You are a curious and analytical thinker, critically evaluating data and insights from several inputs to derive recommendations and focus on areas for improvement.
You are a focused individual, motivated and strive for greatness.
You are a collaborative team member and an expert in the User Experience discipline.
You are able to see the “big picture” and break it down into meaningful elements in a systematic manner for reuse and optimization.
- Research and propose tools to support Okta’s design system requirements
- Create a design system/pattern library to house UX/UI components to support Okta’s need for repeatable and easily assembled UX/UI prototypes
- Own the design system - evaluating needs to optimize components or when a new component needs to be built
- Create new and optimize current components on an ongoing basis, iterating and improving based on data and business needs
- Utilize the design system to assemble prototypes to showcase the digital team’s UX and visual approach to solve small and large web challenges
- Stay in tune with UX trends, philosophies and tools - with the natural ability to articulate and communicate each to peers
- Be an advocate for our users, weighing user impact alongside business and effort impact with recommendations
- Create with purpose. Have a reason and rationale for the decisions you make throughout the creative process to empower you and the rest of the team to present our ideas and sell our solutions to various peers and stakeholders
- Be strategic and produce great User Experiences that helps Okta to achieve our business goals
- Craft prototype designs, participate and potentially lead the creation or iteration of Customer Decision Journey mappings, UX Personas, Information Architectures, User Flows, etc.
- Collaborate closely with content strategists, SEO experts, and teams across Okta for alignment
- Lead internal stakeholder sessions to gain the voice and input of the business to inform a holistic view to marry with our audience’s perspective and needs
User Research / Testing
Your thirst for data is never-ending and you are driven to gain more while iterating on what we know “now.” You have deep experience with user testing in a variety of platforms, gaining learnings from data to make decisions.
- Absorb to-date user research performed and develop and implement a plan for ongoing user research (both qualitative and quantitative)
- Immerse yourself in the B2B Enterprise Software space, our competitors and trends for foresight into our market and its future
- Articulate trends and insights from user research in an easily consumable and comprehensive manner to fuel discussions within Okta for next steps
- Develop and implement testing strategies to provide insights on assets such as UI concepts, UX components, messaging, form optimizations and more
- Craft non-leading questions to ensure unbiased and fruitful data and results
- Weigh the heaviness of testing strategies, understanding deadlines and timeline
- Portfolio of work (required) and Bachelor's degree or higher
- 10+ years of UX design experience
- 3+ years experience within industry leading Cloud/B2B/Enterprise Software
- Expert presentation and communication skills
- Experience leading junior team members is a plus but not required
- Proficient in Figma, InVision, or similar
- An understanding of Drupal development and HTML/CSS is a plus (we will not require you to code)
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $154,000/year + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.