As a Senior Visual Web Designer at Okta, your focus will be crafting compelling user interface visuals for Okta’s digital online presence and product suite to showcase Okta’s superior offerings and benefits - not only to our customers and potential customers, but for our industry at large.
Reporting to the Director of Digital UX and Strategy, you will join a team of experts in the digital space with the common goal of disseminating Okta’s innovative solutions with a focus on web visual design consistency, brand resonance with our audience and best-in-class, stunning user-first experiences.
Who you are:
You are a self-starter and always looking to innovate and build upon current and new visual design experiences.
You are creative in a way that is surprising to others, by taking tried and true approaches and adding a unique twist that derives a memorable experience for our audience.
You are a focused individual, motivated and strive for greatness.
You are a collaborative team member and an expert in the Visual Web Design discipline.
- You will utilize, support and grow our visual design system - evaluating needs to optimize or create new components in an atomic, pattern library methodology mindset.
- Alongside user experience team members, create new and optimize current components on an ongoing basis, iterating and improving based on data and business needs
- Utilize the design system to assemble prototypes to showcase the digital team’s visual approach to solve small and large web challenges
- Express your visual design work to others with effective and clear communication, collaborating for feedback and adjusting designs based on needs
- Stay in tune with visual web design trends, philosophies and tools
- Be an advocate for our users, weighing user impact alongside business and effort impact with your work and recommendations
- Create with purpose. Have a reason and rationale for the decisions you make throughout the creative process to empower you and the rest of the team to present our ideas and sell our solutions to various peers and stakeholders
- Be strategic and produce remarkable and impressive visual designs that help Okta to achieve our business goals
- Participate in the creation and iteration of Customer Decision Journey mappings, UX Personas, Information Architectures, User Flows, etc.
- Collaborate closely with content strategists, SEO experts, and teams across Okta for alignment
- Lead internal stakeholder sessions to gain the voice and input of the business to inform a holistic view to marry with our audience’s perspective and needs
- Portfolio of work (required) and Bachelor's degree or higher
- 10+ years of visual web design experience
- Experience leading junior team members is a plus but not required
- Proficient in Figma
- 3+ years experience within industry leading Cloud/B2B/Enterprise Software
- An understanding of Drupal development and HTML/CSS is a plus (we will not require you to code)
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $154,000/year + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.