Position Description: Okta offers identity and access management solutions to all industries, but our focus on the world’s largest organizations now requires a more dedicated role targeting specific high value industry verticals.
This position is our first dedicated Solutions Product Marketing role for the Public Sector, and we are looking for an expert in the Federal, State, Local government as well as the Education space to build the go-to-market playbook.
Our ideal candidate would be an experienced product marketer with an in-depth knowledge of the security, IT, and digital transformation challenges of Public Sector organizations and agencies. Domain expertise is a must in order to present credible thought leadership and messaging to this market.
This role would also build a customer advisory board of Public Sector business decision makers to keep a pulse on their specific challenges, product, and infrastructure needs.
This is a highly cross-functional role, working alongside our product, marketing, and sales teams.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build the go-to-market playbook for Public Sector.
- Create messaging and assets to articulate how Okta solutions address Public Sector agency and institution challenges.
- Create a structure to get on-going feedback and requirements from representative Fed/SLED customers, and relay that intel back to our product, security, integrations, and marketing teams.
- Build the plan for Public Sector campaigns and support with compelling content across the marketing funnel.
- Partner with enablement to drive the Public Sector playbook across the various sales roles, from SDR to account executives and sales engineers.
- Be the public face of Public Sector thought leadership at virtual events and demand gen activities such as webinars.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5-7+ years of product marketing, solutions marketing, or experience with IT products in the Public Sector.
- Proven track record of marketing or selling to business decision makers within large agencies.
- Strong written and verbal communication as well as presentation skills.
- Ability to drive complex, cross-functional projects without a proven playbook.
- Understanding of technical challenges of Fed/SLED organizations
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment and buying cycles for US Public Sector organizations
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.