About our team
The Brand, Content & Creative team at Okta is a growing group within Marketing, composed of creatives, strategists, producers and marketing managers alike. Our team’s focus is to lead the brand, tell powerful stories and inspire creative excellence.
As a partner to cross-functional teams across all of Okta, we tie our goals to our most important company initiatives, driving towards shared KPIs, strategies and processes to unify and push the brand and business forward.
About this role
Okta is looking for an inspired Sr. Copywriter to join our growing internal agency and partner with our creative leads to bring our brand and marketing to life. Reporting into the Creative lead,, you will be challenged to ideate and problem-solve against key marketing briefs. You will help to craft and tell the Okta story through a variety of channels and mediums, always advocating for the brand and taking pride in beautiful, inspiring and consistent work.
The right person for this role will be an inspired and passionate copywriter, and a highly-motivated individual that has the experience, ability and drive to manage multiple projects and work seamlessly with cross-functional teams across the company.
What you will do
- Work closely with the Creative Lead and teams on conceptual development, ideation and execution across key marketing briefs
- Develop messaging frameworks that meet project KPIs; test and iterate when necessary
- Work cross functionally with key marketing leads to present creative concepts and solutions against briefs
- Deep industry knowledge and a keen understanding of different audience types to be able to write thoughtful and relevant copy across a variety of channels and mediums
- Help to establish and apply the Okta voice and tone across all work; ability to guide other writers / project owners on the voice and tone
- Ensure the consistency of the brand and highest quality of copywriting across all projects
- Create, concept, inspire others, and roll up their sleeves while bringing creative ideas to life; can deliver and receive feedback
- Ability to think big while operating at the lowest level of detail
- Must be a self starter while being comfortable working with teams, freelancers, agencies, and production partners
What experience you have
- BA or BFA in Copywriting or related field
- Extraordinary design skills
- World-class portfolio of work
- Outstanding presentation skills and proven ability to produce and pitch world-class strategic presentations to all levels of an organization
- Passion for copywriting, language, and creative direction
- Experience managing marketing and editorial projects; experience in scriptwriting for video and voice a plus
- 8+ years experience in copywriting in a creative agency or client-side group; B2B / tech experience is a plus
- 3+ years experience leading and managing a team in a creative agency or internal creative group; global experience is a plus
- 5+ years experience in marketing work with best in class portfolio
- Hands-on expertise in developing creative solutions and campaigns across all mediums: advertising, film, websites, mobile and graphic design, Corporate ID, interactive, social campaigns, content marketing and events
Why you are excited about this role
- You are highly motivated and a problem solver
- You love to build
- You never shy from a challenge
Why we are excited about you
- You are an inspiring, positive, force of nature
- You are always bringing new ideas to the table
- You are happy to share your knowledge and insights with other team members
((Colorado only*) Minimum Salary of $154,000/year + equity + benefits *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.